Lithys 2013: Ooyala - Best New Community

Lithys 2013: Ooyala - Best New Community

Company: OoyalaOoyala logo.png

Entry submitted by: Thomas Kearsley (tkearsley) Community Manager

Community: Ooyala Community (community.ooyala.com)

Lithy category: Best New Community

Ooyala offers leading cross-device video analytics and monetization solutions, streaming over 1 billion videos to nearly 200 million unique viewers per month. The Ooyala Community was officially launched on 10/8/12. Since the launch we have seen 4,108 unique visitors with 20K+ page views. Our community is not open to anyone, only customers who have an account (Backlot) can comment. This limits the community to a low number of participants, but the community will grow as the company scales up.

Lithy_1.png

My goal is to make the community a portal to everything Ooyala. A place to find solutions to technical issues, stay up on the latest trends ,and be informed of everything happening at the company. Since my start at Ooyala, I have implemented Google analytics into the site, giving us real-time information on who is visiting, OS, location etc.

I have integrated a Twitter feed for keeping up with the latest Ooyala mentions in social, and embedded Ooyala TV (video) on our home page where users can watch helpful videos. We are using the latest Lithium search (2.0) while building out our TKB with new content every day. I am excited to see our community grow in the months and years to come.

Lithy_2.pngLithy_3.png

1 Comment
Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: 2013 Lithy Submission