Lithys 2014: Aruba Networks - Lithium Platform Innovator

Lithys 2014: Aruba Networks - Lithium Platform Innovator

Company: Aruba Networks Aruba Networks logo.png

Entry submitted by: Sean A Rynearson (srynearson) Chief Airhead

Community: Airheads Community (http://community.arubanetworks.com)

Lithy category: Lithium Platform Innovator

We believe that buying a product is just the first step. A User needs support after the buy. Community is a more efficient way of supporting end customers.

Lithium helps us reach our customer and answer their questions in a cost effective manner. 

Aruba homepage.png

Hi, I am Sean Rynearson, Chief Airheads for Aruba Networks. That is just a fancy way of saying I am the community manager. This is our submission to the Lithium Platform Innovator Lithy.

We believe that buying a product is just the first step. A User needs support after the purchase. An online community is a more efficient way of supporting end customers. Lithium helps us reach our customers and answer their questions in a cost effective manner. 

Our online community is very important to us. It is a place for Aruba customers, partners, and employees to connect and discuss Wireless and networking technology.

I started off my career as a contracting engineer working on Aruba gear. Many times I have depended on the Airheads Community to help me solve technical problems.  

We currently have over 4000 unique logins this year, 450 unique participants every month with over 300 thousand active views a month. Our community is growing fast.

Our web-based community is amazing, but the times have changed. Or Users are not always in the office or on their laptop. We call this new concept #GenMobile .

Users need the same functionality on the go as they do on their laptop. Mobile browser interface is ok but we needed something with more usability. Something that is more intimate with the user. 

Introducing the New Airheads Mobile App. 

Aruba graphic.png

Using Lithiums REST API and the user/message calls we were able to build a mobile experience that gave users competing functionality over the Web based Interface.

We implemented some key Community function:

• Single Sign-on Support
  • Full menu support
  • Multiple discussion board functionality
  • Knowledge base access
  • Blogs
  • Events
  • Incredible search

Community Functionality is great but we also threw in some amazing user functionality:

• User Posts and comment 
  • Kudos
  • Share on social media
  • Friends
  • Private messages
  • User Profiles

Is our Community now #Genmobile Ready?

• Mobile Community Functionality-- Check
  • Mobile User Functionality-- Check
  • Amazing online members-- Check

We are good to go.

With the combination of community and user functionality along with the great minds of our online members, we have a solid community no matter if you are on the go or in the office.

Feel free to try out our new Airheads Mobile APP.  And send us feedback. Thank you.

Our business results

• 1300 unique app logins within the first month
  • 2000 downloads

Watch our video here: 

1 Comment
Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: 2014 Lithy Submission