Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing: Klout Topic Expertise and International Expansion

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Since Klout joined forces with Lithium in 2014, we’ve all been working tirelessly to imagine what the next phase of the Klout experience could be. Well, friends, that day has come.

We’ve listened to your feedback, and we’re excited to begin unveiling a number of enhancements to Klout. In a digital world full of noise, these features bring more context to the Klout Score by helping people make better decisions and creating greater trust in whom to follow and in topics that are most relevant to them.

Klout_perks_680x280_v4.jpeg

We’re introducing a new way to discover the most influential subject matter experts on social media. This feature will make it easier for people to make personal decisions based on the right context and with a higher degree of trust, based on the expertise of the people they choose to follow. By adding this new dimension to Klout Scores, we hope to ultimately pave the way for our users to have better, more immersive, more meaningful, and more relevant experiences with brands and each other.

Head over to the Klout blog for a rundown of the key enhancements that are being launched today and how it will positively impact you as a user in the minutes, days, and months to come:

• Klout Topic Expertise
  • Klout in New Languages
  • Non-Klout User Benefits

The next phase of Klout is here, and it’s going to revolutionize how we perceive and act upon the value of influence. Take time to visit Klout today and, if you haven’t yet registered yourself as a Klout user, there’s no better time than now to join the fun.

158 Comments
Esteemed Contributor

Nice to see that Top 10 Influencer Rankings by Topic are back now at Klout. 

It would be interesting to learn and better understand how the rankings are created, in general terms.    

• How does an Expert in a Topic become a Top Expert? (the top 10 list)
  • If someone is an Expert in a Topic, and is ranked in the top 0.1% in that Topic, as reported by Klout, what would make them be listed, or not listed, on the Top Experts list?

Thanks

My Klout is linked to my Lithium profile (look for K Connected) and also here.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm on the Top Experts list for the Klout Topic at Klout.  Some people have come to me to help understand the meaning of these changes.  I try to interpret based on facts and to give accurate responses.  

Thanks for the recognition and for your help in undestanding.  

Honored Contributor

Localization! Finally. I'm a native German speaker and would love to feed back on the localization, even ahead of launch. You know where to find me 🙂

Trusted Contributor

There seems to be some confusion among Klout users with the new layout. Some of them are even saying that you are not able to give K+. A video tutorial would be a good idea @wittier @cindycapo 

Esteemed Contributor

@edaccessible I figured out how to give +Ks on the updated klout.com.   

• Go to the person's profile.
  • Mouseover the topic
  • Slide the cursor down onto the pop up.
  • If you've already given that person +K in that topic, the pop up will tell you "You gave..."
  • Otherwise, there is a nearly invisible +K box icon to the left of the FB and TW icons.
  • When you mouseover the +K it turns red.
  • Click that

It is hard to see that +K especially if your screen is at an angle.  Once you know where the +K is, it won't matter.  I agree that others have asked me if Klout got rid of giving +Ks.  I think that's because it's hard to see and only shows up in a specific context.   Klout needs to change the fade level of that +K box.  There's no need for it to be faded prior to having the cursor over it.    It's a barrier that will inhibit use and understanding of the process.

Respected Contributor

Yes @edaccessible , good Idea, I had to ask @wittier , totally missed the mouse over K box, It is so faded.. We may know now, But I am sure there are Many that are still Guessing.. Great thinking Here my friends, 

Cindy 

Respected Contributor

Kudos to Ken @wittier For figuring it out.. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @wittier for your prompt response and your willigness to help other. @cindycapo do you still think it is a good idea to create a video tutorial? I have the software (Camtasia) to create it. We can use Ken's initial steps and take it from there. Thoughts??

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a shot of the pop up and faded +K button.  

Sending +K to support a social expert requires very careful mouse work and sharp eyes. If your screen is at an angle the +K can be invisible.  

phd.png

Esteemed Contributor

Other people have reported having trouble finding the Give +K feature:

kl11.png

kl12.png