With my first post, I am excited to introduce myself! My name is Vika and I am a new marketing intern here at Lithium HQ in San Francisco. Having grown up in San Francisco, I can vouch for just how special this beautifully weird little city is. I am confident you will all fall in love with SF during your stay here.
Here at Lithium, we are head over heels for the City by the Bay. We may be a small city, but we fit a ton of goodness into our 7 x 7 miles. With treasures to discover at every turn, I’ve created this insider’s guide to San Francisco for those of you looking to explore the city while you are visiting us next week. In honor of LiNC’15, check out this list of 15 local favorites:
1. Everyone needs an early morning pick-me-up (and maybe a mid-afternoon one, too). Don’t miss out on a chance to try Blue Bottle Coffee! There's one just down the block from the conference venue!
2. Take in Off the Grid, a culinary experience hosted in the Presidio. Come sample from dozens of food trucks and lay back in the grass, listen to live music, and play lawn games.
3. Stop by Taqueria Cancun or El Farolito for a taste of SF’s famous Mission district burritos.
4. Indulge in a proper teatime at Lovejoy’s Tea Room. Relax with a wide selection of tea, scones, and finger sandwiches. Don’t forget to stop by Lovejoy’s Attic across the street to pick up loose-leaf teas and scope out the dainty tea sets available for purchase.
5. Get a taste of some San Francisco classics at Hog Island Oyster Co. They’ll serve up the best oysters and clam chowder you’ve ever had.
6. Unwind with a beer and a burger at Zeitgeist. A relaxed ambiance, friendly locals, and great beer…what else is there?
7. Represent in black and orange at AT&T Park. Go Giants!
8. The Exploratorium is a favorite among kids and adults alike. Test your senses in the Tactile Dome, play with circuit boards, or observe a cow’s eye dissection.
9. See a show! Book of Mormon is currently playing at the Orpheum Theatre and Annie begins June 3 at the Golden Gate Theatre.
10. The city houses a collection of unique street art and graffiti, the most famous of which runs along Clarion Alley.
11. Any Star Wars fans in the house? Stop by our famous Yoda statue in the Presidio. For good luck, throw a few coins in Yoda’s fountain. May the force be with you!
12. Go for a joyride down the Seward Street Slides. Let loose and be a kid for a few moments.
13. Defy gravity, and try not to break a hip, at the House of Air. Strap on a GoPro to record the experience and begin your journey in this indoor trampoline park.
14. Spend a day on Fillmore Street. Indulge in dozens of clothing, shoe, and beauty shops along the way. Fillmore Street is also known for its art galleries, antique shops, and culinary treats.
15. Golden Gate Park is full of wonders, from major art and science museums to a Japanese Tea Garden to its very own small but mighty herd of bison! Lose yourself in this park for an hour or a day; there is something exquisite around every corner.
I hope you enjoy your visit and can’t wait to see you all in San Francisco in June!
Viktoriya (Vika) Mlonchina is the Brand & Digital Marketing Intern at Lithium. She holds a bachelor's degree from UC Davis and is currently a master’s candidate in Communication Management at the University of Southern California. Vika is passionate about community, content, and social strategy. She is joining Lithium from Crunchbutton, where she served as Social Media Marketing Manager.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.