cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social CRM Virtual Summit Expert Profile: Gina Debogovich, Best Buy

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

On November 11th, Lithium is hosting the largest online conference for social media and CRM professionals at the Social CRM Virtual Summit. The change brought about by the social media revolution has impacted every area of industry, including how customers choose to interact with companies and each other online, particularly where they turn for trusted information.

vscrm_logo_sample.pngThis virtual summit comes at a time when companies are starting to see tangible financial results from deeper online engagement with customers, and will explore the current capabilities of and future for Social CRM.

With webcasts by Social CRM thought leaders and live chats with industry experts and practitioners, the Virtual Summit will be a ground breaking event. Remember you can sign up for this free event here, and jump into the conversation on Twitter using #vscrm

To introduce you to the experts presenting at the event, we’ll be running a series of mini profiles here in the Lithosphere.

Expert:  Gina Debogovich, Communities Manager, Best Buy

Gina Debogovich is the Communities Manager for Best Buy, the well known multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates more than $45 billion in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; The Carphone Warehouse; Future Shop; Geek Squad, and Magnolia Audio Video.

In her role, she manages the hugely popular Best Buy Community, which gives existing and potential customers the ability to ask questions and to exchange ideas, information, opinions and tips with other technology users.

Q:  What got you involved in community and/or social media to begin with?

I have been working with online communication in a variety of forms for over a dozen years.  I love using technological tools to do research, learn about new products and concepts and to connect with friends and family.  The thing that has turned Best Buy into a great retailer, is the power of our people.  As commerce shifts to more online transactions we are bringing the power of these people – our Blueshirt and Geek Squad Agents – to the internet to provide customers access to their knowledge, skills and expertise.  In my role at Best Buy being able to facilitate those connections for others, is quite emotionally rewarding for me.

Q:  What are you currently working on?

In our last year and a half of blogosphere engagement, we have gotten very good at the art of the conversation and leveraging our existing process to provide customer support.  We will now spread this to other brands within our enterprise.  Our current focus is with Best Buy Mobile.  We have just launched our fourth Community powered by Lithium to support our Best Buy Mobile Community.  The focus of this community is customer engagement and product discussion.

Q: What is big community topic on your mind at the moment?

Do customers want us to enable a social shopping experience, and if they do, how do we monetize the Community experience.  Community platforms are primarily looked at as a means of decreasing support costs and derive their ROI from that type of model.  I anticipate the next big leap in Community management will be the shift to a direct monetization model that facilitates a social shopping experience.

-----

The Best Buy forums can be found here. And if you’re a Twitterer, check out Twelpforce, Best Buy’s community integration with the Twittersphere…

About the Author
Paul is the Director of Community and Digital Strategy at Lithium Technologies, responsible for Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere and Lithium.com plus associated properties.