cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social CRM Virtual Summit Expert Profile: Jeremiah Owyang, Altimeter Group

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

vscrm_logo_sample.pngOn November 11th, Lithium is hosting the largest online conference for social media and CRM professionals at the Social CRM Virtual Summit. The change brought about by the social media revolution has impacted every area of industry, including how customers choose to interact with companies and each other online, particularly where they turn for trusted information.

This virtual summit comes at a time when companies are starting to see tangible financial results from deeper online engagement with customers, and will explore the current capabilities of and future for Social CRM.

With webcasts by Social CRM thought leaders and live chats with industry experts and practitioners, the Virtual Summit will be a ground breaking event. Remember you can sign up for this free event here, and jump into the conversation on Twitter using #vscrm

To introduce you to the experts presenting at the event, we’ll be running a series of mini profiles here in the Lithosphere.

Expert:  Jeremiah Owyang, Partner – Customer Strategy, Altimeter Group

vscrm-Jeremiah.jpgJeremiah Owyang is a Partner focused on customer strategy at Altimeter Group and author of the popular blog “Web Strategy”, which focuses on how corporations connect with their customers using web technologies.  According to Technorati, the Web Strategy blog is in the top 1% of all blogs, and has over 40,000 subscribed readers.

He will be delivering a keynote presentation with Ray Wang, a co-partner in the Altimeter Group (focusing on Enterprise software) on how companies can make their CRM social, including advice and examples of practical steps.

Q:  What got you involved in community and/or social media to begin with?

I launched the community program at Hitachi Data Systems during my tenure in Web Marketing in Santa Clara (in Silicon Valley) during 2005-2007.  The community platform space was immature, and there were only really tech-style forums, or BBS’ available.  We launched blogs, a wiki, a podcasting program shortly after. 

Q:  What are you currently working on?

I'm currently focused on how emerging technologies are impacting companies customers, while I'm focused on social now, I've got one ear to the ground on the mobile space – particularly location-based social networks and augmented reality.

Q: What is big community topic on your mind at the moment?

The intersection of how legacy enterprise systems must quickly integrate with public social networks.   

-----

If you’d like to follow Jeremiah, you can on Twitter (@jowyang) or at his blog Web Strategy by Jeremiah. For more information on Altimeter Group visit their site.

vscrm-header.png

About the Author
Paul is the Director of Community and Digital Strategy at Lithium Technologies, responsible for Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere and Lithium.com plus associated properties.