cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social CRM Virtual Summit Expert Profile: Patrick Riley, Lithium

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

On November 11th, Lithium is hosting the largest online conference for social media and CRM professionals at the Social CRM Virtual Summit. The change brought about by the social media revolution has impacted every area of industry, including how customers choose to interact with companies and each other online, particularly where they turn for trusted information.

vscrm_logo_sample.pngThis virtual summit comes at a time when companies are starting to see tangible financial results from deeper online engagement with customers, and will explore the current capabilities of and future for Social CRM.

With webcasts by Social CRM thought leaders and live chats with industry experts and practitioners, the Virtual Summit will be a ground breaking event. Remember you can still sign up for this event, and jump into the conversation on Twitter using #vscrm. 

To introduce you to the experts presenting at the event, we’ll be running a series of mini profiles here in the Lithosphere.

Expert:  Patrick Riley, Senior Product Manager, Lithium Technologies

vscrm-patrickriley.jpgPatrick Riley is a Senior Product Manager at Lithium, where he is responsible for end-user facing experience across the platform.

He will be hosting an online chat session on expanding your community reach using mobile devices and talking about Lithium’s newly launched mobile optimization platform.

Q:  What got you involved in community and/or social media to begin with?

I saw the potential of social media while a graduate student in Information Systems at Berkeley in 2004, when we were studying the potential implications of these two new sites:  Friendster and Facebook.   It’s interesting to think of the different fates of those two similarly designed products, both ahead of their time.  Later that year, I did an MBA Internship with AOL, attempting to incorporate the AIM social graph into other media products like their photo and video sharing services, an idea that had great resistance from AOL execs at that time.

Q:  What are you currently working on?

I am designing the next generation of user experiences for all of Lithium’s products for 2010, including blogs, search, forums, ideas and more.   We are also planning and designing a unique social integration platform for powering innovative social business strategies that I feel will bring Lithium’s enterprise clients to an entirely new level in interactivity, brand management and consumer engagement.

Q: What is a big community topic on your mind at the moment?

My Ph.D. dissertation on social media information overload and noise vs. signal is a salient topic that I can’t seem to get out of my mind.  I’ve been thinking about a number of solutions, some algorithmic, some user interface centric, where we can provide the most relevant real-time information in an interface that a user can efficiently use.

-----

If you want to follow Patrick on Twitter, his id is @patrickfriley

vscrm-header.png

About the Author
Paul is the Director of Community and Digital Strategy at Lithium Technologies, responsible for Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere and Lithium.com plus associated properties.