Khoros Atlas Logo

Thoughts from an (Li) Intern: Angele Williams

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Last week, Lithium said farewell to the last of our 2014 Summer Interns. It was sad and bittersweet as we saw them off back to school, on to new full-time opportunties, or for some, a new career with Lithium! We're genuinely grateful that these talented, young minds chose to spend their summer with us. In fact, we're such big fans of our interns that we want to share their story with all of you. Smiley Happy

You met Sarah Green through an excellent reflection of her time as an Engineering intern. Now, we'd like you to meet all the others!

In this new blog series, we'll get you up close and personal to the interns who changed the face of Lithium one summer not too long ago...

Meet Angele Williams.

Internship Position: Product Marketing

College / University: Whitman College

Major: Psychology

How did you find out about Lithium and what made you interested to join?
My mom knew someone on the Product Marketing team so she helped me make the connection. I knew I wanted to try something a little different for my internship, and I was interested in learning more about the social media industry. There’s a lot changing, and Lithium looked like a good way to learn more about it.

What was your first impression of Lithium once you joined?
The friendly company culture. People seemed very approachable, which made it easy for me because I’m a little shy. It was comforting and felt enabling for me to have a space where I could ask questions and not feel like I was being annoying.

What do you wish you knew before you started your internship?
I wish I knew more about business. I appreciated the time my manager took to explain the structure of marketing and the company, but it might have been helpful to have had some more exposure of how larger companies work.

Name one project you were working on?
One of the biggest projects I had was working with one of the other interns on a sales proposal template. We made some updates and restructured it so that it was more valuable to our sales team.

What was the most exciting part of your internship?
Even though I felt like I didn’t know anything, I was working on projects that were helpful and actually making an impact. One of the first things I did was write a blurb that ended up on the website. At first, I was a little insecure about it but then I felt really proud and excited. Also the intern group was great. Getting to know them was like a window into the rest of the company. It was nice to be able to talk to them as friends, as well as in a work setting.

Who has been the most influential person during your internship?
My manager, @DianaH. Knowing that I had her support in all my projects made a huge difference.

Most memorable meal at Lithium?
We had a French toast breakfast when all the Klout team came to the office. Walking in and having balloons, French toast, it was a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading! Tune in next month for another rendition of Thoughts from an (Li) Intern.

1 Comment
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing, looks like you had an awesome time 🙂 I gotta get me one of cake printers 🙂