Khoros Atlas Logo

Thoughts from an (Li) Intern: Priti Kapadia

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Happy Friday! We hope you all had a turkey-filled, wonderful Thanksgiving and/or are looking forward to the weekend. On top of the pumpkin pies and cranberry sauce, we have a pretty sweet treat for you, too: it's time for another intern spotlight!

In this blog series, we're getting you up close and personal to the interns who changed the face of Lithium one summer not too long ago...

Meet Priti Kapadia.

Internship Position: Marketing - Graphic Design

College / University: Academy of Art University

Major: MFA, Graphic Design

How did you find out about Lithium and what made you interested to join?
One of my professors is friends with a recruiter and found out about Lithium. He sent out my portfolio and recommended me. I didn't know much about Lithium, so when I came to interview and in my research, it looked like a cool company. As a designer, I wanted to work more in corporate versus with a design studio, so it was a good fit.

What was your first impression of Lithium once you joined?
My first week was LiNC (our customer conference) and it was a crazy experience. I was thrown right into it, but it was great seeing everything in action.

What did you work on during your internship?
Nothing...

Haha, just kidding. I did a lot this summer. We have a small design team, so I was working on a bit of everything. I did some graphics for employee t-shirts and other promotional materials. Lithium just went through a website redesign and also recently acquired Klout, so I was helping to update branding materials and images. Plus a bunch of top secret stuff that I'm not allowed to tell you... Smiley Wink

What was the most exciting part of your internship?
LiNC. Definitely. I've never been to a customer conference like it. It was so cool to see the graphics being put to use and get an idea of Lithium's style.

Who has been the most influential person during your internship?
@JaredC . He's one of the only designers at the company and my partner in crime. I work closest with him, so we had a good relationship and he was a great mentor. He taught me a lot of useful technical knowledge.

It's your last day. What's one word to describe how you're feeling right now?

Lucky. I learned a lot and had fun. My summer wasn't just work, work, work. I was working, but enjoying it too. I never said "Ugh, I have to go to work". Some of my other friends did, so I don't think they enjoyed their internships as much as I did.

Thanks for reading! Tune in next month for another rendition of Thoughts from an (Li) Intern.

And in case you missed it earlier, check out the interns we've heard from so far: