You must have a working Freshchat installation with admin rights.
Following the steps below, you can connect Freshchat with a Flow project.
Step 1. Add the integration
- Login to the Flo dashboard
- Open the integration section
- Press the + icon, choose the "Customer service" tab and click on the Freshchat integration
Step 2. Configure the webhook url
- After adding the integration copy the
webhook urlfrom the integration settings
- Login Freshchat and go to the Settings screen
- Open the webhooks menu
- Enable webhooks, paste the
webhook urlyou copied from the Flow integration screen and press save
Step 3. Configure the App ID
- Again open the Freshchat settings screen
- Choose the Account settings menu and select the Integration Settings section
- Copy the App ID
- Go back to the Flow integration screen and paste the App ID
Step 4. Configure the API Token
- Again go to the Freshchat settings screen
- Enter the API Tokens menu
- Press the Generate Token button and copy the new API Key
- Go back to the Flow integration screen and paste the copied API Key
- Don't forget to press the Save button!
Freshchat works with different regions. Make sure you choose the correct region or else you are unable to save the configuration.
You can verify your region by looking at the login URL of your Freshchat environment. If the URL contains
-eu you'll need to choose EU, else you are in the US region.
In case you connect to multiple channels we provide a way that the name of the channel is configured as a user property within Freshchat
In order to receive messages inside Freshchat, make sure you add a handover reply action. When the handover action is triggered, the conversation will be loaded inside Front.
When an agent archives or removes the conversation, the bot will automatically resume. If the handover occurs again for the same user, Flow will import messages created after the last handover.
I see an error whenever I save the integration within Flow
Please check the copied and pasted tokens into the Flow Freshchat configuration. If they are exactly the same, try a different region and press save again. If you still continue to receive an error, contact our support.