Public

Social CRM Virtual Summit Expert Profile: Todd Shimizu, Juniper Networks

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

On November 11th, Lithium is hosting the largest online conference for social media and CRM professionals at the Social CRM Virtual Summit. The change brought about by the social media revolution has impacted every area of industry, including how customers choose to interact with companies and each other online, particularly where they turn for trusted information.

vscrm_logo_sample.pngThis virtual summit comes at a time when companies are starting to see tangible financial results from deeper online engagement with customers, and will explore the current capabilities of and future for Social CRM.

With webcasts by Social CRM thought leaders and live chats with industry experts and practitioners, the Virtual Summit will be a ground breaking event. Remember you can sign up for this free event here, and jump into the conversation on Twitter using #vscrm. 

To introduce you to the experts presenting at the event, we’ll be running a series of mini profiles here in the Lithosphere.

Expert:  Todd Shimizu, Director of Communities, Juniper Networks

vscrm-tshimizu.jpgTodd Shimizu is the Director of Communities for Juniper Networks – the leader in high performance network infrastructure. He is responsible for Juniper’s social channel engagement, including the J-Net online community, as well as the strategy for connecting with other stakeholder groups, including Channel Partners and Developers.

He will be hosting an online chat session with other experts on how you can successfully integrate community into your social activities and what it really means for their businesses.

Q:  What got you involved in community and/or social media to begin with?

I became involved with an industry consortium called IPsphere, of which Juniper was the originator.  Initially I served as a Chair for the IPsphere Marketing Committee and eventually became Chairman of the Board for the entire body.  I spent two years as Chairman building a "traditional" community comprised of Juniper customers, partners, and even competitors.  Moving to the world of online communities seemed like a natural progression -- and an exciting evolution as it involved understanding how to apply technology to the mission of community-building.

Q:  What are you currently working on?

I look after our strategy for online communities, which includes our J-Net Community, our blogs, as well as our official social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook.  My charter also includes developing one of our most important constituencies, the JUNOS community. 

Q: What is big community topic on your mind at the moment?

One of my key focuses right now is scaling the communities to meet the needs of our growing online ecosystem, for example how to expand upon our partner community to best serve the diversity of that group and how to deepen relationships with our JUNOS community.

-----

If you want to follow Todd on Twitter, his id is @shimmage

vscrm-header.png