Public

We’re heading to SXSW! Are you?

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

As the event organizers position it, SXSW is “Five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders, the SXSW Trade Show and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new digital works, video games and innovative ideas the international community has to offer.”

Okay, that’s a pretty bold assertion.  What’s the real deal?

My observations: SXSW is part conference, part festival. And, as a SXSW newbie this past March, the big question that I had (like many others) heading in to Austin was “Is this event worth our presence and participation?” Now, in retrospect, my answer to that question is an emphatic “Yes!”

So, while I’ve heard people debate the business value of the event, my own experience confirms that the event clearly has solid value - not just for market presence, but for building relationships with influencers and partners too. And, all of our customers are there as well. My new perspective regarding SXSW is how could any innovative, relevant, company afford not to be there?

Clearly, I’m not the only one who feels this way:

“SXSW is the biggest social and digital event in our industry. It is a place of great energy, lots of innovation and cutting edge trends. It has been a center of gravity for the consumer web.” - Katy Keim, CMO, Lithium Technologies

SXSW is a huge opportunity and we need to figure out how to do it even better next year”Mike Betzer (another first-timer), SVP, Lithium Social Web

So, not only are we going to SxSW 2014, we want to participate too. With your help – a quick login here: PanelPicker and vote (links below) – we can make it happen. Here are the submissions that we’ve made on behalf of some of our esteemed colleagues:

Although it’s more than a few months away… If you come and find me at SXSW, and remember this passcode: “Our eyes are wide open to social,” you’ll get a prize!

And, If you haven’t yet, check out our review of SxSW 2013 and pictures from the event.

Tags (3)