Forum Discussion

Lief
Champion
2 years ago

Lab / Idea / Unconference Meetup?

I have a couple things on my community backlog that probably require some level of customization - I tend to be looking for stuff in Atlas that already has some traction or headway

AND

I see lots of "under consideration" ideas

AND

I see lots of "Did anybody make an XYZ widget in their community..." questions

BUT

what I haven't yet found (beyond this forum itself) is an available time and place for Devs to get together on their own and either attack a specific common problem OR talk together through a top of mind issue.

It could be anything from a KhorosLed affair or even just an Unconference we put on ourselves. Would be REALLY great if there was a vanilla lab stood up to do actual live-action work that participants could then try to leverage in their own environments later.

Am I just not finding this yet?
Do we need to bootstrap something?

BlakeH - has this come up before?

• Woah - it's been almost exactly a year since I put this up and...it only feels like 11 months ago. 😄

BlakeH - anything in the works for this coming year?

If unknown or no - I'll just setup a discord server or similar and put it on a calendar.
    (Really don't want to splinter conversations anywhere else for Khoros related stuff)

BlakeH
      Khoros Staff

I still like this idea and think it should be done, and that you all crowd-sourcing ways to tackle each other's biggest dev problems has a lot of value.

Especially now with Aurora coming up for a lot of people, as they're wondering what customizations they could / should build, this seems timely. Also wondering if our Product folks would like to get involved. I will find out!

Let me get back to you by next week on it. Regardless, if we can't make it something more formal, maybe we could devote one of our upcoming Titan / Core roundtables to trying it? Just tossing ideas out.