We want this to be the best community it can possibly be. So let us know what you think, or how we can help improve your experience on Atlas by sharing your ideas on the Atlas Suggestions idea board. We also encourage you to share any issues or potential bugs you spot on Atlas in in our Idea board. We actively monitor this area for new suggestions and feedback and will review all the open ideas monthly.
Before you get started, make sure you review the following information.
- Search for an existing Idea in the Idea Board. Instead of spending time on creating a post, first search for an existing post that is similar to your idea. We try to make this as easy as possible. When you start typing an Idea Subject in the submission form, we display similar ideas in the dropdown for you to select. If one already exists, simply visit the post, give it a Kudos to indicate your support for the idea, and add any additional conversation or comments to the topic. (If you submit an idea that already exists, we will simply merge the ideas to ensure that conversations are richer.)
- Draft your new idea and submit it. The more we know about your idea – who it’s for, what the motivation is, and what the actual item is, the more accurate we’ll be when it comes time to prioritize and size it. Be sure to include as much of the following information as possible:
Subscribe to idea boards and engage with other ideas. You can subscribe to an Idea Board or even specific labels in that Idea Board to be notified of new activity. Simply select that “Subscribe” button on the Idea Board (or Filter by a label and Subscribe), and you’ll be notified of updates. Hint: Check your notification settings to ensure that you are notified when activity happens on ideas you care about. Be sure to share your own perspective on ideas as our product team will review and evaluate ideas with your engagement and feedback as one of the criteria.
- The Role: What type of user is the feature for?
- The Outcome: What is the problem that you are trying to solve or the outcome the user is hoping to accomplish?
- The Benefit: What is the overall value and importance of the feature?
- The Context: Any additional information like screenshots or examples from other products is always helpful
Below you will find a summary of what each status means.
- New Suggestion – Brand new suggestions submitted by you and ready to be voted on. Suggestions can include recommendations for new features, areas, issues you noticed in the community, and more.
- Investigating - Our team has seen the idea and is currently investigating the idea. An idea might remain in this status for several weeks depending on its complexity.
- Needs Info - We need more information from the author around this idea, what/how/who will this benefit, or if you have an example for how this idea should or has been implemented.
- On the Roadmap - Ideas will move from Investigating to On The Roadmap when they are actively being developed by our Community team.
- Declined – While all ideas are appreciated and provide value, we are not able to deliver on all of them.
- Delivered – The idea has been implemented. Subscribe Atlas Insights blog to keep up with our latest updates.
- Resolved - If the suggestion was an issue or bug on Atlas, we will use this status to mark it as resolved.