Public

Guide to the Khoros Community

Welcome to Atlas!

This is the place to learn and connect with digital pioneers and social business experts from around the industry - plus you'll find a wealth of resources and knowledge to get the most out of Khoros products and Atlas, the Khoros Community. 

Index

Atlas structure and posting guide

We’re creating a new structure and posting guide so stay tuned! In the meantime, learn more about each area by reading the descriptions at the top of each area in Atlas. 

Requesting customer or partner elevated access

• Care and Community Customers and partners, please email communityhelp@khoros.com to request additional access to Atlas and include your name, company, and company email. Without customer/partner access you’re missing out on exclusive forums, customer ideas, the support forum, knowledgebase articles, and much more! 
  • Marketing customers previously had to email Support or CommunityHelp to gain access to gated content in Atlas if they were using a Marketing Product. On March 17, 2020, we implemented single sign-on (SSO) so these requirements are no longer necessary. For more information, please read our FAQ
  • Need Case Portal access as well? Check out the bottom of this page for more details. 

Tips for customers who just received customer access 

If you’ve received customer access you now have access to several exclusive areas including more content around Khoros Community, Khoros Care, JX, and Khoros Marketing.

Blogs to subscribe to:

Sign up for a 1:1 Product Coaching session from a team of platform experts. Each session is designed for users to get hands-on help learning how to use a piece of functionality or area of Marketing, Care, or Community

Get started with training on Khoros products! Click here or email education@khoros.com to contact Training Services for more information on our courses and delivery options.

Looking for support? Visit our Support Center.

Need help finding something or unsure where to post? Try the Customer Structure and Posting Guide.  

Before posting

• Read our Community Guidelines
  • Search the community to see if your question has already been answered, or if there's already an ongoing discussion in which you could participate.

Tutorials

The short video tutorials below can help you better navigate and use the community so you can find the content you need, create the content you want, and engage with fellow members. 

How to contribute?

• Topics- Do you have a question you want to ask and insights you’d like to share? Start a topic in one of our discussion forums. 
  • Replies - Join the discussion and reply to the posts of other members. Especially if you have an answer to their question. 
  • Ideas - Are you a customer/partner and have a suggestion on a new feature for one of our products? Submit an idea in our idea exchanges. 
  • Kudos- Did you read a post or idea that you liked or found helpful? Give it a kudo!

Still don’t know where to post?

• Try your best to find the most relevant forum or idea exchange. 
  • Our team will make sure content ends up in the most appropriate location if necessary, and is of course always available to answer any questions you might have. Look for us online, or direct your questions or concerns to communityhelp@khoros.com

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this guide, don't hesitate to leave us comments below.

Tags (1)
Comments
Expert

It hurts my eyes!!!

I still wish more forums were public 😉

Liam

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

@Liam

If you want to have access to more areas of the community, you need to have the purpose to access to more conversations. For exemple, here are a few ways to increase your access.

1. you become so active and valuable that you become one of our trusted superusers, or
  2. you work for a company as a partner or
  3. you work for (or  you are a contractor for) one of our customers or
  4. you become a Lithium employee.

These are four ways from the top of my head...but there might be more..

Guide

How do I start a new thread!?

The website says 'ask the community' then I come here and there's nowhere to start a new thread!?

Am I being thick?! Where's the 'new topic' button gone!?

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @edholden sorry to hear you are having trouble posting threads. You can start a new thread by clicking the "New Message" text at the upper left of a forum page; it is located left of "Options", below the search box, and right above the first listed topic. Hopefully this helps.

Executive

I was invited by Lithium staffer JeffS to sent him a direct message on the system in regard to this thread. 

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Suggestions-for-our-community/Where-to-ask-questions-about-Klout/m-...

I opened JeffS's profile 

https://community.lithium.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/197

and looked for a place to send a message.  Didn't find it.

I went back to the forum and mousedover the gear-shaped settings icon on his post. Not there.

I found it by mousingover his icon in the thread.  "New Message"

Clicking that I was taken to a page that said I don't have sufficient permissin on this site to do that.  I could send an email to lithium or access this guide.

I remembered that there was an email I had received "Welcome to the Lithium Community" and wondered if I needed to verify my email.  Turns out I did.  

Note to Lithium:  When you send out an email requesting an action, the Subject should be "Action needed: Please verify your email address" (action oriented) rather than "Welcome to the community" (doesn't prompt user to open it and do something).

Verifying my email address did not fix this issue. 

So, here I am at your Guide page.  I used Find on Page to search for info about Messages.  Didn't find it.  So what exactly do I need to do?  

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wittier, apologies about the inconvenience.

You should be able to PM other users now.

Have a great day!

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wittier  thanks for the good feedback regarding the activation email. We'll look at tweaking title and messaging so it is clear that the email address will need to be verified to gain full access to community features. I understand the team is already in touch about your inability to send private messages which should be resolved now. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

-Julie

Executive

Thank you @JulieH and @KennethS  for the follow up. 

Is Lithium some kind of support platform like Jive?  I'm having some flashbacks.  Not as bad as Jive but there are similarities in my experience, documented above.  

Executive

Lithium, please note:  

When creating the posts here that had straight URLs pasted in for your reference so that you could see the tweets and posts I was referring to, Lithium gave me the following warning when I tried to Post Your Comment.  

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied

Now I was just posting the URLs of tweets and posts in this community.lithium.com site.  I know of no other HTML in my posts.  I didn't use any of the text formatting options on your site.  I only used the default "RICH TEXT" entry box to make my posts.

If your machines need to make some kind of adjustments to the URLs, just do it.  I don't need a warning in red just because I'm trying to document what's going on with simple pasted URLs.    This warning is just another step.  It's overly complex. It added no value to my experience.  I have no idea what HTML your site recognized and "corrected" for me.  It's not useful to me or to you.   And I'm only noting it because it happened again to me when I documented the result of Klout getting back to me by email on the original thread where @JeffS was trying to help me.  (here: https://community.lithium.com/t5/Suggestions-for-our-community/Where-to-ask-questions-about-Klout/m-... )

Thanks.

And I just got the same error again when trying to post this comment.  See image:

lith1.png

Advisor

@wittier, the error you saw was referring to the http/domain part of the URL, which it does not like and strips it from the URL so that it becomes a relative community URL starting with /t5/... instead.   Perhaps a more subtle warning message would be better that the error, but that's all it was.

Executive

Thanks for that explanation

I have seen the same red HTML warning just for using text formatting

Or for using links that aren't from the community

i just triggered it again with the same .

Contributor

Dear Lithium team,

I'm new to this forum and can't send private messages to any member. (I was triying to contact a lithium customer agent).

Regarding this purpose, do you know how long does it take to get the demo to start playing with? I have alredy requested it and I'm dying to try it out...

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Manuel

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cmvecino, you should be able to send private messages now.

Contributor

Hi @KennethS, thank you!

I am not able to read release notes of Lithium 😞
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @keshavkelkar

You should contact Community Help department (via communityhelp@lithium.com) regarding access on Community.

Contributor

Hi Team!

Are there any short videos describing how to use the community?

Contributor

Every link in the above post gives me a large red "Access Denied" message.  I have received and responded to the email asking me to verify my email address.

How is this supposed to work?  I just want to read documentation on the Lithium Community we have implemented.  There doesn't seem to be any help in the application itself.

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @TonyGrayCanada

My apologies for any inconvenience, however we are able to grant the necessary permissions only after the user has verified the registered e-mail address, otherwise, a few of community features may not work for the user.

After the e-mail has been verified, please reply back to Community Help and we'll grant the access.

Thanks!

Welcome to Atlas!

This is the place to learn and connect with digital pioneers and social business experts from around the industry - plus you'll find a wealth of resources and knowledge to get the most out of Khoros products and Atlas, the Khoros Community. 

Index

We’re creating a new structure and posting guide so stay tuned! In the meantime, learn more about each area by reading the descriptions at the top of each area in Atlas. 

• Care and Community Customers and partners, please email communityhelp@khoros.com to request additional access to Atlas and include your name, company, and company email. Without customer/partner access you’re missing out on exclusive forums, customer ideas, the support forum, knowledgebase articles, and much more! 
  • Marketing customers previously had to email Support or CommunityHelp to gain access to gated content in Atlas if they were using a Marketing Product. On March 17, 2020, we implemented single sign-on (SSO) so these requirements are no longer necessary. For more information, please read our FAQ
  • Need Case Portal access as well? Check out the bottom of this page for more details. 

If you’ve received customer access you now have access to several exclusive areas including more content around Khoros Community, Khoros Care, JX, and Khoros Marketing.

Blogs to subscribe to:

Sign up for a 1:1 Product Coaching session from a team of platform experts. Each session is designed for users to get hands-on help learning how to use a piece of functionality or area of Marketing, Care, or Community

Get started with training on Khoros products! Click here or email education@khoros.com to contact Training Services for more information on our courses and delivery options.

Need help finding something or unsure where to post? Try the Customer Structure and Posting Guide.  

Before posting

• Search the community to see if your question has already been answered, or if there's already an ongoing discussion in which you could participate.

Tutorials

The short video tutorials below can help you better navigate and use the community so you can find the content you need, create the content you want, and engage with fellow members. 

How to contribute?

• Topics- Do you have a question you want to ask and insights you’d like to share? Start a topic in one of our discussion forums. 
  • Replies - Join the discussion and reply to the posts of other members. Especially if you have an answer to their question. 
  • Ideas - Are you a customer/partner and have a suggestion on a new feature for one of our products? Submit an idea in our idea exchanges. 
  • Kudos- Did you read a post or idea that you liked or found helpful? Give it a kudo!

• Our team will make sure content ends up in the most appropriate location if necessary, and is of course always available to answer any questions you might have. Look for us online, or direct your questions or concerns to communityhelp@khoros.com

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this guide, don't hesitate to leave us comments below.

Tags (1)
Last Reviewed:
03-01-2024 02:11 PM

Welcome to Atlas!

Index

Blogs to subscribe to:

Before posting

Tutorials

How to contribute?

Tags (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎09-15-2020 03:47 PM
Updated by: