Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiNC 2010: Guest Blog: Ray 'Catfish' Comstock, Business Online

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Linc-Black.PNGWith LiNC 2010 just a week away, we're opening up the Lithosphere for a set of Guest Blogs by a number of our presenters, sponsors and partners, to get their view on the event, the industry and what has got them excited

Catfish (Color).jpgRay "Catfish" Comstock has over 10 years of experience in the search marketing industry, specializing exclusively in organic search engine optimization and social media strategy. 

He has presented at numerous industry conferences, including the Online Marketing Summit, is a contributing author to the BusinessOnLine SEO Blog – syndicated through WebPro News, and is quoted extensively in trade and business publications.

BusinessOnline Logo (Medium).jpgI am really excited to announce that I will be participating in LiNC 2010 (Lithium's customer conference) for the first time next week.  It’s an incredible event that focuses on best practices surrounding online communities. The main focus of my presentation is social media optimization (SEO) but Lithium has always been focused on SEO and because of their commitment to business results for their customers, they have invited me to speak this year about SEO. 

Specifically, I will be talking about tactics and strategies that allow you to use social media to augment your SEO campaign that are specific to online communities.  Topics for discussion include user generated content, internal and external link development including information architecture and global navigation template optimization, social media tactics that impact SEO and much more.

I'm looking forward to adding my perspective to Lithium's conference and having the opportunity to share some of my observations about SEO and community sites.  My goal is to make it extremely valuable to those who have the opportunity to attend.  In fact, if you have questions about SEO in general or as they relate to your Lithium community, please feel free to submit them here on Lithosphere.  Hopefully, I will be able to address it in my presentation but if not, I will be available throughout the conference. 

I also want to mention that BusinessOnLine is a sponsor of the conference and we will be offering free performance-based SEO labs.   These 20 minute labs are designed to give you one-on-one time with a subject matter expert (me) to discuss your SEO challenges and issues.  The goal of these labs is to give you some practical applications and knowledge that you can take back to the office and implement.  Just stop by our table and you can sign up.

I look forward to meeting many of you next week.  And of course it's always nice to get up to San Francisco this time of year!

Ray “Catfish” Comstock

Ray.comstock@businessol.com

www.businessol.com 

http://twitter.com/BOLSearch

http://www.businessol.com/seo-blog

Tags (3)
About the Author
Paul is the Director of Community and Digital Strategy at Lithium Technologies, responsible for Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere and Lithium.com plus associated properties.
1 Comment
Occasional Commentator

Good stuff - Look forward to seeing you Fish!