Add Maintenace Mode feature in Community

Add Maintenace Mode feature in Community

This is something very useful and very helpful for every community who wants to put there community to maintenance mode at there own, without any help of developers or to open support ticket.

There are few cases where a community need some enhancements or update for new release to be go-live, and Admin or Moderators want to confirm the updates on production before it went live for every users.
Its becomes a challenge when Admin/moderator is non-technical to write the code and there is no developers to help them for this change.

Its just a matter of one small feature which can save a lot of time for every publish. Also once the confirmation is done, they will no need for one more deployment to remove that condition to check for maintenance mode and go-live.

I get to know in 20.1 release there is new feature to pause notification emails while performing maintenance work on the community.

I think include these fields in same settings page will help to verify at one place for this feature.

2 Comments
Honored Contributor

Can't you already do this today or am I misunderstanding the ask? https://community.khoros.com/t5/Community-FAQ-s-from-Support/How-do-I-put-my-community-into-maintena...

Honored Contributor

@StanGromer, We are doing the same for all our communities.

I think you didn't read this line here.

Its becomes a challenge when Admin/moderator is non-technical to write the code and there is no developers to help them for this change.

Other thing is, this saves a lot of time when there is some QA need to perform for some release.

Once you are ready for go-live for all the users, you need to deploy it again for just t remove a condition from Page Init and you will lost rollback capabilities for the development revision once the new deployment is pushed.

More help around this for everyone in this ideas here.