Khoros Atlas Logo

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-577169%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EWelcome%20and%20purpose%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-577169%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHello!%20If%20you're%20here%20it's%20probably%20because%20you%20are%20still%20trying%20to%20adapt%20to%20this%20new%20reality.%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EThis%20is%20a%20place%20for%20anyone%20running%20social%2C%20community%2C%20or%20customer%20care%20programs%20who%20needs%20help%20in%20how%20to%20succeed%2Fsurvive%20this%20crisis.%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EIf%20you%20have%20questions%20about%20normal%20product%20usage%20or%20other%20topics%2C%20it%20might%20get%20moved%20or%20it%20might%20get%20answered.%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EWe%20are%20dedicating%20a%20bunch%20of%20time%20in%20here%20on%203%2F24%20from%209am-5pm%20US%20Central%20time%2C%20but%20we%20welcome%20questions%20at%20any%20time%20and%20we%20will%20respond!%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-577169%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EBest%20Practices%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3Einsights%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EStrategy%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E
Highlighted
Khoros Staff
Khoros Staff

Welcome and purpose

Jump to solution

Hello! If you're here it's probably because you are still trying to adapt to this new reality. 

This is a place for anyone running social, community, or customer care programs who needs help in how to succeed/survive this crisis. 

If you have questions about normal product usage or other topics, it might get moved or it might get answered. 

We are dedicating a bunch of time in here on 3/24 from 9am-5pm US Central time, but we welcome questions at any time and we will respond!

Please ask questions!
Labels (3)
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome and purpose

Jump to solution

Hi @JacobBo 

Our site is product support centric, around B2B enterprise products with proactive blog and TKB articles about not only our products, but industry trends. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in our community.   I suspect traffic will start to dwindle a bit as our customers run into changes in their companies.  I've been keeping track of daily registrations and I've seen a marked downturn in the past week.  Community traffic is remaining fairly steady though.   

I think a lot depends on the economy in the next few months.  Everything flows downhill and though our business doesn't deal directly with consumers, the businesses we do business with do.   If the world goes into a recession, which looks likely, we'll definitely be affected. 

As long as our customers keep running our products and have questions/issues, our community will continue to run.  

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Khoros Staff
Khoros Staff

Jump to solution

@kgroneman I feel the exact same way. So much uncertainty right now. 

This board we created is about how to handle all of this new traffic and questions in the middle of a big crisis - which is about to be followed by a (seems very likely now) recession unlike any we have seen before.

The one bright spot, if any, is that people seem to be turning to communities like never before - for more than just product support. 

We have a ton of folks we work with who have been doing more than support with their communities for a while now, and I am hoping some of those best practices and advice for expanding what the rest of us do with our communities shows up here. 

Thanks for joining!

Please ask questions!
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Jump to solution

Hello,

With so much atypical volume pouring in across what's likely many of your customers' instances, are certain product/feature requests (such as bulk tagging via Supervisor/Manage tabs, which would be extremely helpful in a scenario like this where we know most of our audience is asking about the coronavirus but not written in a way that we can easily catch with auto tag) being prioritized or advanced in priority? 

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Highlighted
Khoros Staff
Khoros Staff

Jump to solution

Hi Elizabeth! Great question. I think we will definitely get to it tomorrow

@RahulHa  can you share any public insights?  

Also, since there may be more customer-only or feature-specific answers here, I would encourage you to sign up for our Community Product Coaching Session: Crisis Management Best Practices or join our Welcome and Introduction to Tools for Crisis Management customer group hub!

Please ask questions!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi all,

The biggest challenge, as I see it, is how to support our communities to navigate through this uncertainty bubble we are now in without adding panic or additional anxiety.

Now more than ever the most successful communities will remember that there are people on both ends of the internet wire (or wireless). People are, rightly scared, and concerned about their loved ones and their livelihoods and these two objectives are not mutually exclusive.

I would strongly encourage communities to take a thought leadership role, share insights and take this journey with your customers.  We have tried to do that with our Enabling Remote Work community by giving a space where people can share and talk with us about the anxieties, difficulties and practicalities of working remotely.

In doing so we have given people a safe space, where they can feel comfortable and not alone,  and there are experts here to help them in what is otherwise a very isolating set of circumstances.

Clearly your approach may need to be different depending on which industry you are in or which region but I think the golden role of community still sits at the center of this uncertainty:

Listen to, understand and be aware of your customers needs, their fears and their desires. Be adaptable to the changing circumstances and continue to be the voice of your customer into your business.

Your community is almost the articulation of your business values and what your customers mean to you,  your business and the place where those values become a reality.

Be an enabler for your customers, there are enough stresses right now and customers will remember you and your business for the help you gave them in this crisis.

Allen

Highlighted
Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

Jump to solution

@kgroneman wrote:

Hi @JacobBo 

Our site is product support centric, around B2B enterprise products with proactive blog and TKB articles about not only our products, but industry trends. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in our community.   I suspect traffic will start to dwindle a bit as our customers run into changes in their companies.  I've been keeping track of daily registrations and I've seen a marked downturn in the past week.  Community traffic is remaining fairly steady though.   

I think a lot depends on the economy in the next few months.  Everything flows downhill and though our business doesn't deal directly with consumers, the businesses we do business with do.   If the world goes into a recession, which looks likely, we'll definitely be affected. 

As long as our customers keep running our products and have questions/issues, our community will continue to run.  

@kgroneman thanks for posting, there's a lot of changes for business to deal with at the moment, and you're right when you say those changes may not be immediately clear, they may come further down the line and for some time yet. 

Like you I'm intersted to see how it will truly impact communities, I suspect it will vary greatly from one to the next depending on the community objective and audience. I think it will also depend on how the end users access information today, many will already see community as the go to place for information, but the extended benefit of community is that those direct users, then transfer the knowledge they've gained onto others in their teams and business. So as many are changing their working model and working remotely from those indivuduals and teams they've historically leant on for support, you may see the audience size expand, as they no longer have that immediate connection with the knowledge gurus in the business. 

Lisa Bidder
Principal Community Strategist & Global Lead
Highlighted
Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

Jump to solution

@allensmith81 I love LOVE this!

Its a very difficult time, stress levels are understandably elevated, there's enough to deal with, without the added pressure of trying to adapt to an entirely new working model. I confess as someone who worked from home for 7 years before I came to Khoros 8+ years ago, and working a mixed home office approach since, the transition for me is pretty straight forward. I have the home office set up, all the equipement I need, and I've learnt strategies over the years to deal with the challenges of working from home. But for many this will be very new, and an additional stress at an already very difficult time. I am sure having the safe space you've provided is greatly appreciated by those taking part, and those not, just seeing others ask the very questions they have, and sharing those concerns will make have an impact on the passive participants to. 

I don't think your community will be alone in taking this approach. 

Lisa Bidder
Principal Community Strategist & Global Lead
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Jump to solution

Love this!

On the Pandora Community, we're making an effort to be vulnerable and let our listeners know that we're facing this on with them and providing them with updates on how we're coping with coronavirus anxiety.

Community Manager @ Pandora + SiriusXM