What you need
You must have an existing MessageMedia account and a phone number
Following the steps below, you can receive SMS messages and send replies using MessageMedia.
Step 1. Generate an API Key
- Login to the MessageMedia dashboard
- Open the API settings within the Configuration section
- Create a new API key by clicking on the Create new key button
- Choose a name for the key, for example, "Flow" and press Create key
- Record the API secret and API key in a safe place! You will need these later on.
Step 2. Add the integration
- Login to the Flow dashboard.
- Open the integration section
- Press the + icon, choose the "SMS" tab and click on the MessageMedia integration
- Copy and paste the generated API key and API secret into the corresponding fields
- Add the phone number you will be using with MessageMedia and press the Save button
- Next copy the webhook URL from the bottom field
Step 3. Configure the webhook url
- Go back to MessageMedia and open to the Webhooks screen
- Create a new webhook by pressing the New webhook button
- Paste the webhook URL you copied from Flow
- Open the Events dropdown and select the SMS option and press the Save Webhook button
- You can now send, receive and automate SMS messages using Flow