On Tuesday October 22nd we will be upgrading all preview instances to the 2019.10 version. Production instances will be upgraded the following week on Tuesday October 29th. This upgrade will not require any downtime for your instance. You can see what bugs are fixed in this version in the 2019.10 release notes post.
On Tuesday July 23rd we'll be working on upgrading all preview instances to 2019.7, with the production upgrades scheduled for Tuesday July 30th. These will be zero downtime (HAZDU) updates, so there should be no impact to your community's performance. Release notes are already published, and can be found at JX 2019.7 Release Notes . We're happy to highlight improved accessibility for your communities with this release, as we have added an audio listening option as an alternative to Image Captchas during account registration.
Please do let us know if you have any questions or concerns during the release process!
Today, we successfully upgraded all Cloud Demo and Preview instances to our 2019.4 version. Because this upgrade requires downtime, we are scheduling it within a window during non business hours. Your upgrade window depends on what data center your instance is hosted in, and is as follows:
For instances hosted in our Amsterdam data center: May 7th, 2pm-8pm PDT
For instances hosted in our Phoenix data center: May 7th, 7pm-12am PDT
Due to the way our upgrades get batched together, we can't guarantee a specific time that your upgrade will happen (and thus, your instance is down) other than that it will fall in these windows. Let us know if you have any questions about this!
Hello everyone! It is with great pleasure that I can announce some new features that will be in the forthcoming Cloud release 2019.1.
Decline and Close Functionality:
The first of which surrounds the experience in the application when an end user clicks the "Decline" button on the cookie consent banner. Here is a screenshot of the new configuration for that:
You can now specify specialty text for a page that users get redirected to when they opt to Decline. When left with the default settings, the new page that a user gets redirected to will look like this:
Cookie Consent Statistics:
Starting after your site's upgrade to 2019.1, we will start tracking all the user clicks on the Cookie Consent banner. In the Admin Console, you will now be able to get statistics on what users are selecting in your site's banner:
There is also a button to download the statistics in a csv file.
Cookie Consent Banner Theming:
We have also added the cookie consent banner to the theming tool!
Let us know if you have any questions or feedback about any of this new functionality!
As part of the ongoing efforts to transition all hosting elements of Lithium-JX from Aurea ownership to Lithium ownership, we are currently working towards transitioning the ownership of the Akamai relationship for Lithium JX customers from Aurea to Lithium. I'm writing you all to give you a little information on what is going on and what to expect during this transition.
Currently, many things are happening behind the scenes to prep for the official cutover from an Aurea Akamai account to a Lithium Akamai account for all L-JX customers. However, the official "switch flip" is tentatively scheduled to take place in mid January. We will likely test our changes on demos and preview instances a week or two prior to the official cutover date.
What is needed from me?
For the majority of customers, no action will be needed to make this change. However, for a small number of customers, you may get a request to approve/validate a new certificate to be issued for your domain. This is required as we change some CNAME records during the transition. If you receive such a request, you will need to approve it promptly. Failure to do so could result in your LJ-X instance failing to load properly once we complete the transition. In addition to this, some customers will need to make some DNS changes, such as lowering the TTL ("time to live"), updating CNAME, and increasing the TTL. You will be contacted if these changes need to be made.
Let us know if you have any other questions about this or anything else!
On Friday, October 26th, our production cloud instances were all successfully upgraded to 2018.10. Afterwards, we noticed a couple issues that necessitated a hotfix release. We have been working on that the last two weeks, and just upgraded all preview and demo instances to the hotfix yesterday. Tomorrow we will be upgrading all production cloud instances to this hotfix (2018.10.0.1), with zero downtime. The release will include everything that was in 2018.10, plus the three extra fixes listed in the release notes here: https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/JX-Release-Notes/Lithium-JX-2018-10-Release-Notes/ba-p/498239. Let us know if you have any questions!
Just a quick heads up about our next Cloud release: it is currently scheduled for upgrades on October 26th (with data preview instances getting the same upgrade on the 18th). This will be a zero downtime (HAZDU) release, so you shouldn't even notice anything until the upgrade is complete. A set of release notes will be published here prior to the upgrade. Let us know if you have any questions!
Thought I would just quickly update you with our plan for core releases of Lithium-JX moving forward.
Cloud (2016.3.10.4 at present):
Our plan is to release updates to the Cloud platform on a quarterly cadence, with a new naming scheme that makes more sense. These releases will not have any new features in them, but will have bug fixes that are decided to be critical by the Engineering and Support teams. The first of these releases (2018.7) is tentatively scheduled for the end of July, pending our ability to release and upgrade Cloud instances on our own.
We do not plan to release any more versions of Hosted and On-Prem. We have just released 8.1.0 and 9.0.4 which have key security fixes and GDPR features, and our plan is to have those versions be our last for HOP. If customers are running into bugs on a HOP version, and the bug is considered to be business critical, we will try to fix the bug in the latest HOP release and assist in backporting to whatever version you are running.
Let me know if there are any questions about any of the above.