cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A Question About Community Rank

Good day everyone,

Is there a way to see what community members have achieved each community rank? Is there a report that can be run? I would like to know what percent of my members are in each community rank.
Is the best way:
Community Admin > Metrics > User Reports

Thank you,
Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Khoros Staff

Hi Toby! Just follow these steps and you'll get that info: 

• Go to Prod Admin > Metrics tab > User Reports
  • No need to enter any dates in the date fields as the system will pull ranks where they stand today (the system will NOT pull retroactively).
  • Leave all other fields as-is, particularly leaving the “Choose Rank” field at “any rank.”
  • Scroll down and click Search. The results will show up in the columns on the screen.
  • If you don’t see a column for Rank, add it.
  • Click Export to CSV to see/sort/filter in Excel. Using Excel, you’ll want to get a count for each rank level. I also like creating a chart to have a visual of how the ranks counts play out.

Since the system does not pull ranks retroactively, I suggest pulling this report once/month and saving it so that you can reference previous reports and trending information in regards to your ranks. 

-------------------------------------------------------------
Need help with your community strategy? Talk to your Customer Success Manager or Account Executive and ask about our Community Strategy offerings. Let's work together!
Jenny Weigle
Senior Community Strategist
US Professional Services, Santa Monica
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @JennyW 
Was not sure if I should or shouldn't add date.
Would you also please confirm there are or are not duplicates by rank?
If a member moves up in rank so the community profile shows a particular rank name, this report shows current rank or is this everyone who has achieved a particular rank?
Cheers!

Highlighted

There should not be any duplicates in the results...meaning, a user should only show as having one rank. If you see otherwise in your search results, this could be a bug so please file a Support ticket. 

The report will show you all ranks for all users. Our system does not have a report that would show the changes in ranks, however, we do have this feature that notifies you of any rank changes you set up in Admin. This is also why I recommend pulling this data once/month so that you can go back and reference to see if the count has changed for # of users at certain rank levels, or you could even look up a specific user and see how that person has progressed over time.

Need help with your community strategy? Talk to your Customer Success Manager or Account Executive and ask about our Community Strategy offerings. Let's work together!
Jenny Weigle
Senior Community Strategist
US Professional Services, Santa Monica
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Highlighted
Khoros Staff

Hi Toby, Jenny

You could also pull the bulk member data under Member section in Community Analytics. The Rank info per member as it stands at that point in time will be available in the report. 

Also, I would suggest using Community analytics, as, when it comes to User reports especially, Community Analytics is more refined as compared to Admin metrics already.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @SudheeshN -
I appreciate your recommendation. With Community Analytics, when this search is run, does the date range matter? I selected last 3 months and I am missing members. How would you recommend using this report to pull rank for all members?

Thank you,
Toby

Highlighted
Khoros Staff

Hi @Toby 

Reports in Community analytics is driven by the event logs present in the time frame selected for creation of the report. If any member was not active within that time period, no event pertaining to that member will be present in the bulk member data report. Hence the mismatch between the report from admin metrics and CA. 

So, there's no foolproof way to retrieve all member data in CA as you will always have a sub set of members who may not even have kudoed/viewed/commented in that time period.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.