Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

About canonical URL

Hi

I just want to make sure I have understood this:

1) We publish an article in www.domain1.com

2) We want to publish it also in our community, which url is www.domain2.com. We publish this same article and add this URL www.domain1.com/article to canonical url -field.

I mean, does this canonical url -feature allow publish same content in two places, even those aren´t under of same domain?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously known as a Enidin

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Badges and the actual date when earned

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TeroRe - No, it won't publish the article on two different location by adding different canonical URL. 

Canonical URL is used for SEO, the canonical tag tells search engines which version of a URL you want to appear in search results.

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Highlighted

Sorry my bad English 🙂

I know it won't publish anything, I meant:

Does it allow us to publish content in two places (and Google doesn't punish you in SEO perspective) and it doesn't matter that content is published in two totally different domains? 

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Highlighted

@TeroRe -

No Worries:) 

Regarding the cross-domain canonical URL, yes, you can give cross-domain canonical URL. 

This article might be helpful.

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Highlighted

@TariqGrazittiwrote:

This article might be helpful.

Thanks, it really helped:

Now, if you have a legitimate reason to have similar content on separate domains, Google will recognize your use of the rel=”canonical” link element.

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.