cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Alternatives to poll feature

Hi everyone,

Today, I was setting up the poll feature within our community and I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of functionality. 😥 Users can only vote for one option, the HTML options are broken, the poll can really only go in the sidebar, you can't limit the poll to certain roles, etc. There's a lot that could be done with this feature, but I imagine not a lot of people are using it as I don't see too many convos here about it. 

What do you use for polls within the community?

Thanks!

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Agree that the polls feature is awful. I took a quick look once, realized it was completely un-loved, and never looked again.

We don't really do polls, but when we need to do surveys we embed Google forms in blog posts. I imagine other people have better solutions :-).

Highlighted

Yes, unloved is a good description @CarolineS.

We used it early in our community's life, then dumped it when we did our mobile-focused responsive redesign. I would like to revive it as they can be a great easy way for people to participate on the site. But I would much rather they could be embedded in discussions. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Advisor

Same. In the middle of JX to Khoros migration right now. I have a weekly poll in our current community - it's kind of a tent pole poll between other regular content pieces I use in the community. For my community, the poll is a good conversation starter. When we were deciding on which platform to move to, I always asked the question, "Is there a poll feature?" I should have been asking, "How good is your poll feature?"

I'm looking for options to keep the tradition going past migration. There does not seem to be a staright forward answer. 

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.