Public
Honored Contributor

An Unexpected Error has occurred - Anyone seen this?

Hi,

Just curious if anyone else who uses Google Analytics "GA" has ever tracked error message volumes and specifically the "An Unexpected Error has occurred" Using GA I've been able to confirm that this error doesn't appear to be linked to any one user journey or page.

However, the error does appear to be generated around the Value Analytics surveys with that alone accounting or about half of the errors i see.  As yet, it's unclear exactly what causes this error to generate on the lithium side and i was just curious if anyone else has observed this error, volumes and any mitigation they have completed. 

Thanks 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:
Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor

Hi Stephen.

We use GA quite a bit as well. Where exactly do you see this error? Under coverage, or mobile usability? I have not come across this but can scan our reports a bit.

We also do not use value analytics so perhaps that's the reason why we're not seeing it.

Cheers

Wendy

Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
Honored Contributor

Hey @Wendy_S ,

Are you doing well? It's not obvious in any of the reports, you have to dig to find but easy enough to find. 

1. Log into Google Analytics for your site
  2. Select Behavior
  3. Select Site Content then All Pages
  4. From the Primary Dimensions select Page Title  
  5. In the search box enter Unexpected Error

Adjust your date range and you should see any occurrence of this error if you click the result that says  "An Unexpected Error has occurred. - <Your community name>" You should see a list of page urls where the error occurred. 

You can do the same to track things like:

• Page not found
  • Message not found
  • Node not found
  • Page not found 
  • Authentication failed

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:
Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.