cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Assigning the badge to a large specific CSV list of community users

Hi,

Got a specific CSV list of almost 1,500 community users which I need to reward with a badge. There is no connection or community-related logic behind the list members. How to automate the assigning the badge for them?

Thank you!

12 Replies 12
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @Myko_P,

We had a similar requirement in our community to assign a badge to a list of specific users. I have followed the same approach as mentioned by @ClaudiusH and it worked like a charm!

Just listing the steps I followed in detail, if it helps.....

1. Created the new role in Admin -> Users -> Roles -> Create New Role

2. Have the .csv file ready with the list of users who should be assigned the new role and then the badge (username in col A and New Role in col B of the csv).

3. Now select Users -> Badges -> Create. Click the 'Create' button. 

4. Create the new badge name, badge image, and set the badge rule 'Roles...' from the drop-down and enter the new role name. Click 'Save'.

5. Now click 'Go Live'. 

6. Select Admin -> Users -> Import Roles. Choose the .csv file to import and click 'Save'.

7. To ensure the users have been assigned the new role, click Admin -> Users -> Roles. Click on 'List Users' button against the new role name. The users for that role will be listed at the bottom of the same page.

..... and it's done! The badge is assigned to all users in the .csv.

Important: If you want members to be notified (via email or real-time notifications) of a role-based badge, you must go live with the badge first, and then add the role for that member. If the member already has the role before the badge goes live, the member will not be notified.

Thanks,

Srujana.

Highlighted

Thank you for such a detailed explanation @srujanayeruvaka. Especially for that one:

Important: If you want members to be notified (via email or real-time notifications) of a role-based badge, you must go live with the badge first, and then add the role for that member. If the member already has the role before the badge goes live, the member will not be notified.

The solutions previously mentioned by the @ClaudiusH and @JasonHill  finally worked for me.

To my surprise I found that when I convert XLS file on my Mac to the CSV format in Excel the result file I get just doesn't work with the community admin role importing tool.

So I tried to use  Apple's Numbers instead of the Excel and the CSV file I get just finally was successfully imported. 

So I want to say thank you for all of you, guys, for your great help Robot Happy

Highlighted

Great to hear you got it working @Myko_P! Glad we were all able to help!! 🙂

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.