Public
Honored Contributor

Blog comments and Kudos?

Hi,

I wonder does platform support feature where people can give a Kudos for blog comments? I can give a Kudos for blog article itself but not for comment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Badges and the actual date when earned

10 Replies 10
Honored Contributor

@TeroRe Yes, you can give kudo to blog comments also.  See here
Here are the Kudo settings for blog

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Blogs/Configure-kudos-settings-for-a-blog/ta-p/109115 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query
Honored Contributor

VikasB wrote:

@apache Yes, you can give kudo to blog comments also.  See here
Here are the Kudo settings for blog

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Blogs/Configure-kudos-settings-for-a-blog/ta-p/109115 

Thanks mate.

That Configure kudos settings for a blog -link doesnt work?

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Hi @TeroRe,

Here is the content of the article that Vikas mentioned - 

To choose Kudos settings:

1. Go to Community Admin.
  2. Click Choose and navigate to the blog you want to configure.
  3. Go to Features > Kudos > Settings.
  4. Choose whether to enable Kudos for this blog (or as a default for all blogs if you are at the community level).
  5. Choose whether to enable the Top Kudoed Authors, Top Kudoed Posts, and Top Kudos Givers leaderboard components.

For blogs with only one author, the Top Kudoed Authors leaderboard isn’t particularly meaningful. You might want to include it, however, for blogs with multiple authors.

6. For each leaderboard, choose a time range and enter any roles to be excluded.

Communities typically exclude administrators and moderators from kudos leaderboards; these roles are excluded by default.

7. Choose whether to exclude certain posts from the kudos leaderboards.

For the purposes of your blogs, you might want all posts to appear on leaderboards as a way to enable community members to easily move between boards and blogs. The default setting is Allow everywhere.

You might use this setting to hide kudos given in private parts of the community from community-wide or category-wide leaderboards by selecting Everywhere.

8. Choose whether to enable the Who Kudoed this Post page and whether to allow kudos on just blog articles or on both articles and comments.
  9. Set whether or not you allow users to kudo any comment in a conversation thread or if you will allow kudos only on the blog article only.
  10. Select whether or not to summarize and display the kudos count for a blog post and all comments on the Blog index page or if you will only show the number of the kudos on the actual blog article.
  11. Set the maximun number of kudos a user can give per minute, hour, and day. If you receive flooding reports, you will know that you need to lower these limits.
  12. Select whether or not to prompt users to log into the community when they try to kudo a blog without being signed in.
  13. Click Save.

Thanks,

Srujana.

Thanks @srujanayeruvaka but I cant find setting to enable kudos for blog comments. That´s why I started this discussion. I have only these settings:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 10.05.19.png

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Hi @TeroRe,

For our community, unchecking the below setting in Admin console enabled kudos for comments to Blog Articles.

Kudos.PNG

In the screenshot you have provided, I see this setting is already unchecked. You may want to check if it is hidden using CSS?

Thanks,

Srujana.

Okay, thanks @srujanayeruvaka. I think that setting is named strangely 🙂

We have to look our code. Thanks!

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Honored Contributor

Sorry,

I don't believe that answer is correct. Allow kudos only on top-level posts in discussions is accurately titled - if checked it only allows kudos to be given to the first post in a thread - not any of the discussion replies. I don't believe it relates to blogs. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Hi @JasonHill,

The same setting applies to Blogs as well (need to choose the appropriate node to which the setting must be applied). We have implemented this for Blogs in our community.

And regarding the title of the setting "Allow kudos only on top-level posts in discussions" - This is slightly confusing as it sounds like it applies only to discussion boards. May be that's what @TeroRe was trying to say!

Thanks,

Srujana.

srujanayeruvaka wrote:

And regarding the title of the setting "Allow kudos only on top-level posts in discussions" - This is slightly confusing as it sounds like it applies only to discussion boards. May be that's what @apache was trying to say!

Yes, you get feeling that setting effects only the forum not the blog.

But now I don´t know who to trust 🙂 (We haven´t looked our code yet)

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.