Public
Frequent Commentator

Bulk Idea Update

Does anyone have a good way to bulk update ideas? For example, we migrated to Khoros from another platform and our product team would like to change the status of all ideas submitted more than 5 years ago to "Declined" or another status. Is there a way to do this without going into each idea individually?

6 Replies 6
Honored Contributor

@Jantzen_B - How many ideas are there? We do have a solution that performs bulk action on ideas and threads. Let me know if you need more details about that.

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads

It's a few hundred ideas. If there isn't something build into Khoros I was going to script something with imacros.

Yeah, nothing is built in to handle this in bulk. We've had to use the API to do various updates for things like this unfortunately when it's in the 100's of articles/topics/ideas.

Honored Contributor

We had Khoros build us a custom component to bulk change idea statuses.   Here's how it looks in the options menu:   

kgroneman_0-1601580861764.png

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Occasional Advisor

I love that component in the options menu @kgroneman, how long did it take for them to add it for you? 

-Betty Jo 

Hi @VarunGrazitti 

We have the same issue - we need to update several hundred idea statuses and would love to be able to do it in bulk. Would you be willing to share your solution? If it's a script, I know one of our developers here can probably adapt it to work for our account. Or, if you can point me to the right content, I might be able to bribe them into writing one from scratch for me 😊

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.