Public
Honored Contributor

Bulk member download - does it work for you?

Hi ya'll!

I usually use the user report from admin when I need a member download, but I thought I'd try the new Bulk Download Member Data from Community Analytics. 

bulk-download.png

Unfortunately, when I click this, nothing seems to happen. Does it work for you? Maybe I'm just not being patient enough.

I'll report to Khoros support as well, but thought I'd see here if it's working for others. 

Cheers!

12 Replies 12
Honored Contributor

@CarolineS We use this too and depending on how large your member database is it can take some time. You can track progress using this tab in Community Analytics and when it's available it should give you a download option. 

BulkDataExport.JPG

Senior Community Manager | Strava

Ah ha! Thank you! I just checked out that "Bulk Data Export" tab and the most recent one it shows for us was in May (and nothing is showing as pending). So something odd is happening (maybe user error - perhaps I just need to sit on the page with the bulk download link for longer after clicking it. There's no feedback that anything is happening after clicking the link though.)

Cheers!

I've had similar experiences where I click it and nothing appears to happen or the download fails. I just put it down to performance issues with the bulk data export or site capacity - sometimes it works better and faster for me when the site activity is lower for us. Interested to hear any feedback you get from Support on this, good luck!

Senior Community Manager | Strava
Esteemed Contributor

CHA was down earlier today, so there might be a lingering effect of the outage? I'm sure support will check on that for you.

I'm getting the same behavior as you with nothing in the reports tab, fwiw.

---
Community Manager \\ NetApp
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Drew_C and @elbranscomb! Good to know it's not just me. Will see what support has to say.  

Honored Contributor

Can I ask why you wouldn't just use a user report? #oldschool

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Occasional Advisor

I'm having this problem, as well, and my community is not large, so that shouldn't be the issue.  

@JasonHill I was just curious to see what data was included in the new export. Was hoping to see “total posts” so I didn’t have to add threads + replies + comments like I do with the old export. Now I’ve learned my lesson to just go with the tried & true 🙂

Hmm, you can't get total posts from a user report @CarolineS?

One of my fields is "number of posts" which is total discussion posts (both new threads and replies) but you're right in that it doesn't include blog comments so I have to add "net blog comments". 

J

Generic1.jpg

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.