Public
Respected Contributor

Changing Usernames

I'm probably missing something really obvious but how can a user change their own username?

--

13 Replies 13
Respected Contributor

Just to follow up here, it appears any rules set in Lithium for username moderation do not carry over to SSO.

--

Occasional Contributor

Hi All,
Just spoke with, one of our PM's for Lithium. If you go under Moderator Tools > Edit Users> you should be able to change the user name of even an SSO user.
Honored Contributor

@ryanj64

This can serve as a temporary measure, but you will find that with an SSO implementation if a username is only changed on the Lithium side, not on your CRM, the next time the user logs in it will just revert to their old username.

Jason

Generic1.jpg

We've got SSO implemented across our community and I've successfully changed user names with @ryanj64's instructions. Not a temporary measure. Perhaps this was due to a recent Lithium version update. At any rate, it holds. Very useful feature.

Also interesting for me to discover that user names can include spaces (I had been using an underscore between words).

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.