Public
Honored Contributor

Community emails are important but one is missing

Hi guys,

we have ongoing project where we are going to renew our community by using service design tools. We are interviewing our employees and customers/members, to find pain points and feedback, ideas and so on.

One member said that community emails are very important for him and those are mostly the reason to come to the community --> to see what´s happening. Member said also that if there is too much emails it is annoying.

Now my question 1:

Platform sends email when there is new reply and / or if user is mentioned. Is there option to get email only if there is reply just to my post?

Case-example: 

There is ongoing discussion where member decides to join in. After that member gets a bunch of emails every time someone replies to the discussion. But there is situations when replies aren't just for this member and then those emails aren't so important for him.

I know that there is two different option in the user settings:

• Notify me when there is replies
  • Notify me when I´m @mentioned 

But there should be third option:

• Notify when someones press Reply-button to my post (but not add quote and not add @mention

Question 2:

Why there is so many reply-buttons in the platform, if there is no matter from where you press it and it doesn't automatically add quote to your post?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Syndications | Comments list | Missing-features 

Renew the quote feature

2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor

It's a good question @TeroRe.

We know from user-testing that the large number of reply buttons on a thread does confuse people. Of course, you could remove them using CSS, but then do you remove what should be your primary call to action in encouraging people to join in the discussion? You would need to tread very carefully....

Regarding the notifications, you can have different default settings. So replies could be just part of a daily digest by default, whereas a specific mention is an immediate alert. This is our setting on Workshop and I believe most appropriate for members. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@JasonHill wrote: 

We know from user-testing that the large number of reply buttons on a thread does confuse people. Of course, you could remove them using CSS, but then do you remove what should be your primary call to action in encouraging people to join in the discussion? You would need to tread very carefully....

Good point, Reply-button is important CTA. I don´t want to remove these, I just asked is there any technical point with those because they don´t add quote automatically. I hoped they are linked to the notifications but it seems there is no any link between each other.

@JasonHill wrote:

Regarding the notifications, you can have different default settings. So replies could be just part of a daily digest by default, whereas a specific mention is an immediate alert. This is our setting on Workshop and I believe most appropriate for members. 

Our defaults are "Immediately" and I think maybe I have to keep it that way because notifications are important, as the user said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Syndications | Comments list | Missing-features 

Renew the quote feature

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.