Public
Advisor

Complaints about the editor on mobile devices

Hey everybody, 

I would like to know if I am the only one receives a lot of complaints about the usability of the editor an mobile devices. What's up in your communities?

Regards

Christoph

23 Replies 23
Honored Contributor

Thanks @SohilM

I and we dont want to quote just some text, we want to quote the comment we are answering to. And this is how our quote works. The problem is how easy (read=difficult) it is to edit the quote. It breaks after you edit it.

Also problem is that you dont have multi quote - possibility to quote several comments at once. 

In a general level I am just wondering why Khoros doesnt use quotes anymore? You dont have quote not in desktop and not I mobile. I dont understand why.

About the editor height, our developer has already changed it. The point is why it has to be done by us/your support, it should be higher OOTB.

I know something about the "next level UX". I am really looking forward to see it in a action. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Syndications | Comments list | Missing-features 

Renew the quote feature

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MarkAtTruth, thanks for catching that it was a mistake. I updated it as not a solution. 

@waldemarhelm Thanks for additional context. 

W.r.t, Video icon and document previewer, I sent you a private message. Please check. 

@TeroRe Yes, we will increase the height of the mobile editor as well OOTB. 

Khoros (Atlas) does have the quote option in the toolbar as shown below. Please expand the toolbar to see all the options.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 12.08.44 PM.png

@waldemarhelm @TeroRe Yes, we are working on a project to build a new completely simplified UX. We will reach out to you once we are ready to start beta. 

Honored Contributor

@SohilM wrote:

@TeroRe 

Khoros (Atlas) does have the quote option in the toolbar as shown below. Please expand the toolbar to see all the options.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 12.08.44 PM.png

Yes, I know. We have spoken about the mobile editor 🙂

@SohilM wrote:

@waldemarhelm @TeroRe Yes, we are working on a project to build a new completely simplified UX. We will reach out to you once we are ready to start beta. 

Yeah, sounds good 💪

--

By the way, this is one example how I want to reply. Point exactly what I am replying to. To get rid of the text what is irrelevant for my reply.

In desktop this kind of replying is difficult and annoying. In mobile this is impossible. It should be easy and intuitive no matter device you are using.

And then there is also the multi quote I speak all the time 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Syndications | Comments list | Missing-features 

Renew the quote feature

New Commentator

is the markdown available in mobile or desktop yet. i see it was also requested by one of the commenters above too. I will submit an idea too

Thanks,
Sr. App developer,
UMC - More Info
Honored Contributor

@larsonreever wrote:

is the markdown available in mobile or desktop yet. i see it was also requested by one of the commenters above too.

Markdown isn't supported in Community, or Care but lets change that.

Can I get your vote on these ideas? (cc @waldemarhelm

Occasional Contributor

Hi Christoph,

Yes, we have customer complaints on our mobile support app as well. Here's the latest from a customer. 

The threads and responses on the mobile-formatted site are squished to be narrow, making them harder to read.

Submit an idea to request Khoros to address it and I'll kudo's it. Thanks!

Mary

@mtaylor26440 What's your reply vs what's the "customer" comment.

Mark

Check out my ideas on Ideas for Jive | Ideas for Khoros
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm curious to learn how did you overcome responsiveness issues on mobile? The biggest problems we're struggling with right now are alignment of UI elements and how the images scale on mobile devices. Our header images disappear and instead we have a mono-color background.

Did any of you experience the same?

Thanks,

Karolina

Advisor

@SohilM 

Most of the reasons have been said. There is one more, the editor for private messages is too small, especially if you want to write a reply. For initial messages the editor is big enough. It would be great to have an "undock" feature like outlook. that would make it more handy to answer a message. 

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.