Public
Honored Contributor

Component still viewable, even without rights

Hi.  We have a forum that only people with certain rights can create topics in.   The forum has the "Ask A Question" component for those that do have the rights to post.   The default  permission to start a topic here is set to DENY. 

The problem is that the "Ask A Question" component is viewable to everyone, even though it doesn't work.  I thought components such as this shouldn't be viewable to someone that doesn't have the permission?   

I guess that's my complaint.  Now my question is how to I get a start a topic component in that forum  that regular users can't see? 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
1 Reply 1
Honored Contributor

@kgroneman

you can add the below css code into your studio > community style > skin > CSS tab.

.message-post .lia-button.lia-button-primary.lia-link-disabled {
	display: none;
}
.primary-action.message-post .lia-button.lia-button-primary.lia-link-disabled{
}

and If you want to hide button for all anonymous users you can also add below code to component.

<#if user.anonymous == true>
.message-post .lia-button.lia-button-primary.lia-link-disabled {
}
.primary-action.message-post .lia-button.lia-button-primary.lia-link-disabled{
}
</#if>

Do you know we work with Kudos and Accepted Solution.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.