Public
Occasional Contributor

Custom reports in Idea Exchange

Hi,

I would like to create a simple report in Idea Exchange - with a list of ideas submitted, user name / screen names, idea status, kudos received, comments received, etc.

Does such a report exists? If not then how do I create one?

Thanks,

Kiran.

14 Replies 14

Hi @tolstoshev this is good.   I created a page for it but it doesn't show all the ideas, only about 1/4 of them (most recent).   Is that a limitation of the custom content box or something else?   Certain status?  Completed or not? Have you run into this limitation?  

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.

I hadn't run into that issue, but it's probably because when I built the report we only had a couple dozen ideas in the ideation section.  It should pull back all everything within the specified board id.  That begin said, there might be some limit to the amount of data pulled back by the API that I never ran into for my situation.  

Do you just have the one ideation board?  That's the only other reason I could think of that it would pull back some but not others.

@tolstoshev we have about 30 exchanges on our Khoros system now and are in the process of migrating others over from other systems.  In the end I expect we'll have a couple hundred of them.   The exhchanges up and running now have an average of about 200 ideas in them, one has just over 500.  I did a test of your code on one that has about 100 ideas in it but only about 1/4 of those display in the custom content box with that code.   Dunno.  I'll look into it.  I really appreciate you sharing your code.   It's a good place to start. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.

My guess would be some sort of rate limit on the API then.  You might need to break up the calls to pull the ideas to accomodate for that.  Let me know how it goes!

I wish. I'm no developer.   🤔  😏  I'll report back if I can figure something out.

--

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.