Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Customers using SSO to connect to our community?

Hi all,

We are a Saas company and quite a few of our customers use SSO to log into our platform. We've had a few of those customers ask about using their SSO to connect to our Lithium-based community. Is this possible? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks so much!

Emily

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Emily,

Yes, it is possible to integration your SSO with the Lithium platform. You can read about it in the documentation here: Single Sign-On

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
Highlighted

Thanks Lili!

I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been with the initial question.  We don't have SSO set up between our SaaS platform and the Lithium platform. Are you suggesting we provide the customer with the Lithium SSO documentation and let them work through it on their side?

Thanks!

Emily

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I see now. No, you would need to integrate your SSO setup with the Lithium platform to allow all of your users to sign-in this way.

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
Highlighted

That's what I figured, but wanted to verify. Thanks @lilim!

Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Our out of the box LithiumSSO integration also only allows one external identity provider. Also using a non-SSO login setup and a SSO one is normally mutually exclusive. MEanign that all community members that currently sign in using a member name and password would need to migrat to an SSO account once you switch over.

If I understand you correctly your customers are using multiple different identity providers to log in to your platform. Lithium professional services might be able to work out the right approach and set up for you. Best to bring this up with your Lithium team @EricT @KeithF

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.