Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Disable font styles, sizes and colors in WYSIWYG?

Is there a way to disable to the font family, font sizes and colors in the Lithium WYSIWYG?

It's really only used when people try to market their products/services. Nothing says "this post is spam" quite like bold, red, Comic Sans text. 😉

--

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hey

Now if I could "please try to visualise" this reply would be bold, magenta and in 20px comic sans!!!

No, your not able to edit the wysiwyg editor however there are 3 different versions of it if you include the new media experience one.

All contain the features you love!! What may be possible but I'm sure I've read it's not.... And that would be to replace with your own/other editor but I'm not actually sure that's possible.

An alternative would be to use css to override all the font settings in wysiwyg, I only discovered this was possible when skinning my community and was discovered as a bug,we fixed but nothing stopping you from doing it I guess.

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sherrie

All you need to do is to log a support ticket and ask the support team to remove the buttons like the font family and font sizes from the editor.

We've done the same thing.

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Awesome, thanks @JasonHill!

--

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

WHAT......

Well you learn something new every day!!! In my case many things every day.

I didn't even know that was possible thanks for sharing !!!!

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Highlighted

No worries guys. The support team can also change the order of the icons if you wish.

We limited our selections to only these - Bold, Italics, Underline, Bullet point, Spellcheck, Insert Image, Insert video and Insert Link. 

Of course Macros will also appear if the user has macros set up, and Quote if its a reply.

Jason

Generic1.jpg