Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Documentation on feature versions "Base Theme" (and "Support Theme")

Just saw that the Feature versions tab in Studio has new version entries for "Base Theme" and "Support Theme" (the latter probably only exists if your community has worked with Khoros Professional Services to implement this). Our community is currently on version 1.1 for both of these features while a newer 1.2 is available. Unfortunately the article About feature versions doesn't cover these yet.

Can Khoros share more information if it's worth changing feature versions and what would change?

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been wondering the same! 🤔

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Claudius - were you ever able to find information on this? I was attempting to update the base and support themes before starting regression testing for 20.1, and I ran into the issue described here: Requires dependency to upgrade Base Theme skin 
So I still don't know what these features entail. 😬

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Count me as an interested party in finding out about these as well. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
New Commentator

Looking into the magic of feature versions, I ran into the same issue. Current version 1.1 and omnious new version available! For all features you can find a dedicated topic, but not this one?

Kind regards,

Remco

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

FYI I was interested if Khoros support could give me any more information about them.  Here's what they said:

Based on the information I have gathered from our internal resources, "Themes" are not official OOTB community offerings; they are done through Professional Services engagements. As we at Khoros can't control them or how future feature work would impact the communities, that's the reason why we do not have them listed in the documentation ( https://community.khoros.com/t5/Community-features/About-feature-versions/ta-p/19686#U19686 ) which has details of all the OOTB features.

No other information from support.   Still a mystery

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Khoros Staff

The response from Khoros Support is essentially correct.  "Themes" are an additional library of customizations built and maintained by Khoros Professional Services.  If you see Themes versions showing up in your Studio -> Features tab, chances are your community has at one time been part of a Services engagement.  If these new feature versions are a surprise, it's because prior to this year, there was only one version of Themes available, and Studio is smart enough not to display dropdowns for features with only one version available.

We do not currently have public-facing release notes or documentation available for Themes v1.2. This may change at some point in the future. In the meantime, if you have an active engagement with Services, your Services contact can provide information on what's included in v1.2 and offer advice on upgrading.  If you don't have an active engagement, your Customer Success Manager should be able to round up the same info for you.

You should be aware that there is currently a bug in Studio which prevents customers from upgrading from Themes v1.1 -> v1.2 themselves.  You would need to work with either Services or Support to upgrade your feature versions.

You should also be aware that if you have a custom skin derived from the Support Theme specifically (check Studio -> Community Styles), upgrading to Support Theme v1.2 will break old Support Theme v1.1 skins.  Additional Sass variables must be added to your old skin to migrate it, and even then, there are no guarantees that your custom skin will look exactly the way you want it to after upgrading -- some additional work may be required.