Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Editing sends posts to Spam Quarantine

Hi folks. I have some users wondering why editing a post twice marks their post as spam. Are there any (granular) permissions or settings to reduce this slightly aggressive filtering?

CM at Spotify
Community Ergo Sum
7 Replies 7
Khoros Staff

Hi @PerBonomi, We notice that in some cases multiple re-edits within a short time frame could cause a post as being marked as spam, incorrectly. We did consult with the automatic spam detection team and are working on passing additional parameters to address this. Being targeted as part of the upcoming Communities release 21.1.

Honored Contributor

Hi @RahulHa that's good news, thank you.

CM at Spotify
Community Ergo Sum
Honored Contributor

This is great news to start the year with! 

Honored Contributor

Great news. Members editing their posts is the most common cause of false positives ending up in our spam quarantine.

Thanks,

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Not applicable

@PerBonomi wrote:

Hi folks. I have some users wondering why editing a post twice marks their post as spam. Are there any (granular) permissions or settings to reduce this slightly aggressive filtering?

I was curious about something because I've seen this happen to other people and their posts, and now it just happened to me today. Earlier, I posted a reply to someone. The went through without any problem at all and was immediately posted. However, I then felt it was too long, so I re-opened the comment to simply re-edit and shorten it a bit. But when I did that and hit "save", the comment instantly switched from being an acceptable comment to now saying it was "awaiting moderation."

Khoros Staff

We have rolled out the fix for this as part of the latest Communities release 21.1, today. Post the upgrade to 21.1, if you still notice the issue by any chance, please do let us know.

Honored Contributor

Great, looking forward to the improvement @RahulHa. Thanks for your work on it.

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.