Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Feeling silly - How do I make a "TKB Article Editor Page" page quilt?

I want to add some text above the editor on a specific node - I went to create a new quilt titled TKBArticleEdtitorPage.Content which I thought would make it show up within the Custom Pages -> Tkb Article Editor Page selection, but, it never showed up after creating it.

I feel silly asking but am I missing something obvious or can I not make a custom quilt/page for this?

3.PNG2.PNG1.PNG

7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm waiting to see if you get a good response to this.  I wanted to add some text on the editor in the idea exchanges and after pulling my hair out, was told by support that the editor is universal across the community (doesn't look like it to me, but what they heck) and we can add what we want, but it will show up on all nodes (forums, blogs, etc).   It wasn't critical so I didn't pursue it.   I'm wondering if you'll get a better answer here. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Khoros Guru

@StanGromer - Can you please check your stage environment now? I've made an adjustment that will allow you to set a custom page to TkbArticleEditorPage. Note that my change will block Studio Publishing, but you can revert it in Studio -> Versions if you need to publish in the meantime. If the change looks good, I can deploy it or you can submit a support ticket asking for it to be deployed. I believe every page should be available by default so I'll look into getting it updated in a future release. 

@kgroneman - I'm not 100% sure without seeing the exact request/ticket, but based on what you described it sounds like we (Support) were referring to the message editor form that lives on the PostPage, e.g.:

<component id="editor"/>

Our services team can add custom fields to the editor form, but since Forums/Ideas/Blogs share the same editor it would persist across discussion styles. You might be able to utilize the same method Stan is and create a custom PostPage in Studio and set it in the Node level admin for the discussion styles of your choosing. Any component that is added to the page would appear above or below the "editor" form, I'm not sure if that fits your desired use case.

Hope this helps!

Chad B.
Technical Lead, Technical Support Engineer
Khoros

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ChadB - Totally what I was looking for, all for deploying it 😄   Thanks so much!

StanGromer_0-1602096802990.jpeg

Highlighted

No problem, glad that worked. I've got this scheduled to deploy during the maintenance window tomorrow evening.

Chad B.
Khoros

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ChadB it was Case Number00333993 regarding the idea submission page.  Can we make a custom IdeaEditorPage similar to what you describe for Stan?

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted

@kgroneman - I had a look at the case, we were referring to the form I mentioned previously. While technically still true that multiple discussion styles share the form I'm not sure we need to do anything with it to do what you've described - as long as you're OK with the component being above or below the editor form.

In this case, you'd just need to create a custom page to override the PostPage, e.g. PostPage.ideas, and set it at the Node level admin of the idea exchange you'd like to change. This is an example of what I mean from my test environment:

PostPage_override.PNG

For reference, the documentation on this lives here:

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Pages-and-layouts/Override-a-default-page/ta-p/108961

Please let me know if that helps or if you have any questions.

Chad B.
Khoros

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @ChadB ....I thought it was a lost cause!   

--

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.