Public
Occasional Contributor

Finding a user's email address for an offline discussion

Why isn't there a single place to get all the info we need from a user? For the email address I had to use the general search feature (then filter it to users, not posts), sometimes I have to "switch user" to see their profile data, sometimes I have to use "Moderator Controls" when in a user's "about section" and of course sometimes I have to use the Community Admin to look them up and assign them roles. 

We need a "get the scoop on someone" place that consolidates everything! 

4 Replies 4
Valued Contributor

How is your View Profile Page configured in Studio?

Our community displays a user's email address to administrators in a particular area of the profile page. Just make a quick role-check for the logged-in user and then display the profile field data to make it easier on yourself.

It looks like the Private Statistics component includes email address, but I don't have experience with it.

---
Community Manager \\ NetApp
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for chiming in, I will check with the people that configured Khoros for my company!  

Honored Contributor

Kind of like killing an ant with a shotgun, but you can download all the community user's data including email addresses from Community Analytics and keep it around (and you can enable other non-admin roles to be able to download it too)

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Honored Contributor

...and FYI our admins can see the email addresses on profile page.   You have to give away the farm to enable non-admins to see it though so we don't.  We make them go to admin reports or the community analytics to get them.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.