cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Has anyone connected to Snowflake?

Good day everyone,

My firm is using Snowflake to manage data and wonder if anyone has had success connecting Khoros to Snowflake? Did you simply utilize the bulk API? What was your experience like?
Best,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We have done this via bulk API. Works fine!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much @CarolineS 
Was everything straight forward, any bumps in the road or best practices you can share?
Cheers!

Toby

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @CarolineS 

I have a follow-up question.

We have made the API connection, but are unable to pull the data we seek (please see the attached file).
What are you pulling into Snowflake?
Did you need help from Khoros?
Cheers,

Toby

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @Toby -

I don't really know a ton about how we did this, other than that we used the bulk data API and are bringing the data into Snowflake. 

Here are the tables we have created in Snowflake:

image.png

Since the bulk data API is basically an output of all the things that have happened in the community (e.g. an individual post or an individual reply), you'll need to do some aggregation in Snowflake to get the metrics you're looking for (or maybe the aggregation is typically done in a different app that connects to Snowflake? We use a reporting tool called Microstrategy). I'm not certain if all the metrics you have in your list will be possible or not - haven't looked too closely.

Hope this is a little helpful.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you @CarolineS 
My Team has a meeting with Khoros today to discuss. Seems the data we are trying to pull requires something that is not out of the box and I do not understand why.
I appreciate your help.
Cheers,
Toby