Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

How do I exclude replies from the count of Ideas in a board, and only show number of actual Ideas.

I have a set of Ideas boards in different categories. The list of boards shows a count of posts, but this count also includes replies to the ideas.

For example, Board A says "8 Ideas" but the board actually only contains 2 ideas, with a total of 6 replies to them. 

Where do I tweak this so that it only counts the top level nodes and so displays "2 Ideas"?

12 Replies 12
Highlighted

@ClaudiusH it's a category page using an out of the box component, and the requirement would be to display the counts differently for these ideation nodes than for other content types (forums, TKBs etc)

Highlighted

Categorypage-Components.png

@ClaudiusH Thanks for the direction.  Found the category page and the component is the theme-lib.category-board-tiles.  It appears to be an out of the box component.

As for the LIQL query, I have no idea where I am headed there. 

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

It appears to be a LIQL query since it is out of box. 

I am a neophyte on coding.  Am I able to simply place your "Select" example in this code.

<#assign qry = "SELECT id, title, view_href, description, topics.count(*), c_node_icon_url FROM boards WHERE parent_category.id = '${coreNode.id}' AND hidden=false ORDER BY position ASC" />
<#assign boards = executeLiQLQuery(qry) />

Should I replace the current topics.count(*) and change it to read:

<#assign qry = "SELECT id, title, view_href, description, count(*) from messages where conversation.style='idea' and depth = 0, c_node_icon_url FROM boards WHERE parent_category.id = '${coreNode.id}' AND hidden=false ORDER BY position ASC" />
<#assign boards = executeLiQLQuery(qry) />