Public
Occasional Advisor

I don't want one of my blogs to show up in search

I've created a standalone blog which has the "hide from lists and menus" option ticked but you can still search for and find the articles through the community search. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? The only way I want people to be able to access the blog or it's articles is if they have a direct link.

TIA!

3 Replies 3
Honored Contributor

@MattJ - Search indexing is not accessible via studio, however the search results are permission based. You can try this as well - "Hide Messages From Nodes in Lists"

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads

Hi Varun,

Thanks for the advice. I've got that ticked on the blog as well but no good. You mentioned search restults are permission based, which makes sense when I can see abuse reports and similar as a CM, how would I go about changing that? Or are the search results not permission based but the category/board/blog is which in turn affects the search results? 

@MattJ - Theoretically, they should be permissions based for categories and nodes as well, because APIs already respect all the permissions.

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.