Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

In Community Analytics, what does "(-1)" mean in the member tab?

Hi ya'll!

I wanted to confirm what "(-1)" means when viewing a member-based content report in Community Analytics (where you can see per-member page views, visits , etc - see screenshot). My suspicion is that the "(-1)" is views from anonymous users. But I suppose it could also be members who have cancelled their accounts?

2021-07-28_12-58-51.png

Anyone know for sure?

11 Replies 11
Valued Contributor

@Drew_C 

Thanks for the quick reply. If I understand, you are saying the -1 doesn't really reduce a count by 1. It is essentially just a code to indicate a non-user. Am I correct?

Do we trust that Khoros's code actually knows to not count it? 

I am just frustrated because again on July 29th, Analytics shows me 105 people registered for my Community and when I pull a user activity report for members with a registration date of July 29th, I get 83 named users.  

This is not a one time occurrence.  It is DAILY and on big days the percentage can be as much as 30% (the 29th it is 26.5%). You can imagine needing to tell my boss, remember these numbers are 20 to 30% off really makes him confident in my ability and the Community.

I have submitted a case with support and basically they can never find a cause.  My TAM says he sees it other places but I am NOT hearing it from other Community members. 

We are a private Community so you have to be a partner to become a member. This is not a troll creating and deleting a bunch of members.

Ok, rant over.  Thanks, I do feel better now. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

Correct, the -1 isn't performing a mathematical operation. Consider it a placeholder.

Can I suggest starting a new topic for the registration questions? @ me and I'll chime in there. I think I know what's happening and want to keep the topics separate.

---
Community Manager \\ NetApp

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.