Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Commentator

Including Screenshots in Forums / Discussions Post

I just entered my first reply to a discussion post and attempted to paste in a screenshot which did nothing. Is this functionality not available?  Is it coming soon?  This feels very basic and am hoping our users will have this when we launch.  Thanks for any info on this!  FYI @cgrinton @Kmay 

30 Replies 30
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Somewhere along the line we've lost the ability to copy/paste into forums and TKBs (we can still do it in blogs).   Drag/drop works fine.   Anyone else?  

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted

You're right @kgroneman. Good pick-up.  Cut and paste is not working here or on our community. 

Tagging @SohilM - are you aware of this?

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We are also eagerly awaiting the fix for this.

Highlighted
Khoros Staff

@JasonHill Thanks for tagging me. 

It works fine on our core environments.

On Atlas, below is an image I was able to copy-paste. However, when I tried multiple times to repeat the action in the same reply, it did not work for me either (it works after refresh). I see that there are Content Security Policy (CSP) headers blocking the copy paste. Let us investigate and get back to you on this.  

SohilM_0-1600855509553.jpeg

Also, @JasonHill  @JuergenM can you please let me know if you are unable to copy-paste at all? 

@kgroneman We use the same editor for Blogs, Forums & TKBs. It should work on all Blogs, TKB, Forums or on none.  Can you please confirm again that it works only for Blogs and not on TKB/ Forums in your community? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SohilM 

Not working for me here. If I try to paste an image, all that happens is a line break is inserted - so a blank line and certainly no image. If I then switch to an app like MS Word I can successfully paste the pic into a doc, so there's definitely something wrong here.  

Then if I go to preview, I get the error message that invalid HTML was found in the message body and it's been removed. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SohilMLet's try again.

I took a screenshot and was able to paste it to Powerpoint. Next <ctrl>+<v> here

JuergenM_0-1601307104913.png

So, it works and at the same time, I see this in the console (same method)

JuergenM_1-1601307156025.png

I'm somewhat puzzled....

Highlighted

@JasonHill I have a support case open and I'm told there is "one other customer with the same bug report"....  I guess that's you. 🙂   Thanks @JuergenM  for letting us know. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SohilM Now I can't paste to the blog.   It's intermittent???   FYI you folks did change our CSP for us recently. 

--
Highlighted
Khoros Staff

@JasonHill @JuergenM @kgroneman Copy pasting images from MS word works fine and there is no issue regarding that. 

We are investigating into the Content Security Policy (CSP) errors that are blocking if we try copy paste from an external website or directly from clipboard (open an image on external website/ desktop and trying to copy paste it in community). We will update on this in a few days.

Also, please note that if CSP blocks copy paste even once, it will not allow copy pasting images from MS word as well unless the page is refreshed. If we use copy paste only from MS word, it will work without any intermittent issues you have been observing.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @SohilM .  Most of our copy/paste activity is just from the windows clipboard.

--