Public
Honored Contributor

New Content Workflow issue/question...

Hey, 

Just checking I'm not missing something as im struggling to do something with the new content workflow, looking at the notes on this i think its something that doesn't exist in new workflow but wanted to check. 

Old TKB workflow
When looking at previous versions of an article you'd have an edit and publish button, this will allow you to edit previous versions or if lets say you push a change live and realise its wrong you could quickly publish the previous "working" version of that article which worked perfectly. 

Equally, if someone made a draft of a TKB and made a total hash of it you could just dismiss said draft, edit live version to create a new draft and push that live. 

New TKB Workflow
the workflow is great however the above doesn't appear to be possible, once someone makes a draft, you're stuck with it, equally you dont appear to be able to edit and old version to create a new draft

I've looked all over the places id expect to see this but nothing is jumping out at me, am i missing something or is this  feature not apart of new workflow?

How do you either delete the current draft or push an older "published" version live ?

1.png2.png3.png

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:
Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

4 Replies 4
Khoros Staff

@Fellsteruk Yes, the new workflow does not allow you to edit previous versions and create a new version. Since we have co-authors also on the draft, allowing previous version edit will fork the draft into multiple versions potentially causing a situation where all the work by multiple authors to be scattered across versions. 

So, we allow only edit of latest version. 

Similarly, we do not allow publish of an old version. However, ability to restore a previous version is something we have in backlog. 

Honored Contributor

thanks for the reply ! 

Stephen

@SohilM  sorry another Quick Q... What would be the appropriate action to take if you wanted to remove a TKB but without deleting it with not having an "unpublish" feature im guessing the best place of action for us would be to use content archive? 

thanks 

Stephen

Khoros Staff

@Fellsteruk Yes, archive would be the best option currently in case you do not want to delete but not show the article to anyone.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.