Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

New for 2016!

We are busy planning our 2016 stratergy here at Avon HQ and I'm excited that we are going to roll out:

• Value analytics
  • Category Experts
  • Knowledge Base
  • Media V4
  • Resposive Skin (April 2016!) 

Has anyone else implemented any of these? I know we are a bit behind in implementing Knowledge Base but I would love to hear any sucess stories or stratergies anyone has!

Happy Nearly New Year 😉

Rene 🙂 

http://www.avonbeautyconnects.co.uk/t5/The-Lounge/How-was-your-Christmas-What-are-your-New-Year-plan...

13 Replies 13
Highlighted

Thanks @lilim@JasonHill

We do have a Superuser program already and its good to know we are already doing all that you have suggested i.e have a separate board, give them sneak- peeks of new products and we send them a monthly gift to thank them for the support they offer on the community. The superstars are the ones who help other members, flag issues to us etc. Sorry to get too specific but we have boards on beauty, fashion etc and we want to reward those who review products, recommend products etc but don't necessarily provide business or representative support like our Superstars do. We were thinking of awarding titles such as 'beauty expert'. Is this similar to what you implemented and did it work for you?

Thanks 

Leigh 

Honored Contributor

Hey @ReneAvon

Thats great news! We've been using new media experience since the beta, its really a massive step up from the previous interface!! and ive just started using value survey but like yourself my 2016 will be packed with things like responsive, VIrgin media's example is a good one which brian shared.

Good luck

Stephen  

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Highlighted

@leighavon

That sounds different to what we were trying to achieve with Category Experts on my previous community. Because we had very different products that required very different expertise, we wanted to have expert titles that recognised our superusers specialities. The other thing was that we wanted different formula for different categories as we had a lot of activity in the boards for our flagship product but not as much in others. 

Seeing you have an existing superuser program that is working well for you, I would have a good think about what your superusers might feel if they see other community members labelled as beauty "experts". They might wonder why they aren't also being awarded the label. You might want to think very carefully about what description you use to segment these users. Again, there would also be a need to communicate the criteria as clearly as possible. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ReneAvon

The community I help lead is MicroStrategy's, a b2b enterprise company. Here's what we've been up to...

1. We do use value analytics! Our community has had good insights from it, although since we also are a data company, we utilize our own tool to figure out KPIs and other important metrics to us. What is valuable is how our community compares to others, so I'd recommend it for sure. 

2. Category experts are in existence in our community, but we haven't developed anything beyond making it visible on each topic page. We do have a superuser program that was established 6 months ago, and we have a pretty active group. Oddly enough, the further you are from the HQ, the more responsive and active our superusers are. 

3. Knowledge base has been in use from the very start and is the very reason we transitioned to Lithium. In fact, @lilim led that that when she was at MSTR! Feel free to check it out and ask her/I questions. Now that our community has been around for a year and a half, I'd say that having a good program on how these TNs are made is really important. And sharing them regularly through multiple channels (during support calls, or newsletters) definitely helps as well. Check out our KB operations here

4. We're implementing the media experience for a unique use case, but are working out the kinks. It will be open to the public soon but essentially, we're making plug-ins downloadable and using the gallery to preview how the code will look like. 

We have implemented it though elsewhere to get people familiar with the look and feel here (latest photos in a topic) and here (masonry applied to a blog) for our corporate events.

Hope some of this is helpful! Looking forward to seeing how your community pans out for 2016!

-daphne