Public
Advisor

Notification bubble is gone

Hi there, 

until lately there was a notification bubble right on a users profilpicture. Now it's gone. Does anybody know the reason.

My guess is that the last upgrade to responsive design could be responsible for this. Here is a screenshot which shows that bubble. 

large.png

Looking forward for your answers. 

Regards

Christoph

6 Replies 6
Honored Contributor

@CKummer - Are you sure you're not seeing this? It works fine on the latest version as well, seems like you must have clicked that bubble and now there are no unread notifications. 

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads

@VarunGrazitti More or less I'm sure because we have in our community a thread only for this issue and a couple of users have mentioned not seeing this bubble. Do you know if there is there a setting in the admin > studio area?

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @CKummer,

As far as I can tell this is hidden via the skin on your community. It contains this styling with the display: none property that hides the notification counter:

.lia-component-common-widget-slide-out-user-menu .lia-notifications-messages-aggregate, .lia-component-users-widget-menu .lia-notifications-messages-aggregate {
    display: none;
    position: absolute;
    right: -10px;
    top: -10px;
}

Removing that via web developer shows the correct counter again. Best to check with your developer to tweak your skin in that regard.

There is no admin setting that would influence this behaviour. The only notification related admin setting are in regard to the notification feed in general and the popup notifications. See here: https://community.lithium.com/t5/Real-time-notifications/About-the-notification-feed-and-real-time-n...

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

@ClaudiusH @VarunGrazitti

Could it be magic? The bubble suddenly appears again. And the funny thing is we did nothing. 🙂

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

"Notification Counter Edition""Notification Counter Edition"

I wonder if it's related to that slightly confusing behaviour of the user badge and counter appearing and disappearing on your community pages layout. Maybe it's because of this inconsistent display of the header?

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.