cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Notifications vs. Email notifications

Hi

I am trying to understand the functions and settings of notifications, and I wonder if there is any way of choosing what to get in Community notifications (the bell) and what to get as email notification? 

I can't see any overview of what gives a Community notification. 

Is there a place where I can get that information?  Or do I have to test all possible interactions manually and see what gives?

@wilhelmc

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @JulieU,

From https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Real-time-notifications/About-the-notification-feed-and-real-time...

The feed might include these notifications:

• Receiving kudos on posts
  • Getting their posts accepted as solutions
  • Getting @mentioned in a thread
  • Rank achievements
  • Badge achievements
  • Replies to a message a member started
  • Replies to a message a member subscribes to
  • New topics in a board a member is subscribed to

Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JulieU,

As mentioned by @JasonHill in above post you will see the information regrading the notification alerts and real-time notifications.

For other related notification on email, If you go to this link on Lithosphere community

https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings

You will see all settings related to notification you are getting through emails.

You can also receive Private messaging alerts in your email by following these settings.

https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/General-system-setup/Set-up-email-notifications-for-when-you-rece...

Do you know we work with Kudos and Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is there any documentation on the options found here?

Specifically, I'd like to know:

1. How does the general settings impact the email notification options?
E.g. do I have to enable "For my forum subscriptions, notify me for" in order to use the three first notification options covering subscriptions:

subscription.png

2. What interaction styles are covered in these three first options?

3. And do these options have an equivalent realtime notification option? 

Thanks @JasonHill ! I am waiting for access to follow that link, but will read when I do. 

Yes @Parshant , I see there is quite a detailed list on email notifications, I just didn't find it as detailed with the real time notifications.  And I am curious to how they work in relation to each other, like @wilhelmc  is pointing to in his reply here.

Thank you 🙂 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wilhelmc 

The My Settings notification settings inherit your community's default settings, but then users can choose to change them on that page.  The first three options cover all interaction styles - any type of post.  There is no equivalent user settings for the realtime notifications. 

Hope that helps.

Jason

Generic1.jpg