Public
Advisor

RSS feed explanation

Hi, could you kindly explain how is the RSS feed count works?

Does it count each time a member clicks to "subscribe to RSS feed" or each time the member receives the subscription in their email?

Thanks! 

3 Replies 3

There's some more information on RSS here: https://community.khoros.com/t5/General-system-setup/Enable-RSS-feeds-for-boards/ta-p/108515 my understanding is that we count RSS requests as billable API calls. There's no email involved, but each time an RSS reader calls our application to pull the RSS xml, that's one billable call.

If my response answered your questions, please feel free to mark it as an accepted solution!

Advisor

It looks like I don't have access to this page.

Requesting access right now, thanks.

Honored Contributor

@MattYap wrote:

There's some more information on RSS here: https://community.khoros.com/t5/General-system-setup/Enable-RSS-feeds-for-boards/ta-p/108515 my understanding is that we count RSS requests as billable API calls. There's no email involved, but each time an RSS reader calls our application to pull the RSS xml, that's one billable call.

I have wondered same than @n_matias and I think this answer doesnt answer at all 🙂 Also, I can't find answer from that link.

If I look Community Analytics and I see that in July there is example 50 000 RSS feeds, what does it mean?

A) Users have clicked Order RSS feed (from this board or discussion or article)

B) Users have already ordered RSS feed and they received new content using their RSS feed reader

C) Something else

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Syndications | Comments list | Missing-features 

Renew the quote feature

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.