Public
Occasional Contributor

Remove rank for inactive users

Hello!

My apologizes if this was asked before. I tried searching and found this post, but it's not exactly what we require. It can work, but hoping for something simpler.

We are in the process of changing how user rankings work and I was wondering if it's possible to remove ranks for inactive user? For example, if they didn't login for a year, remove their current rank and change it to another one?

Thank you 🙂 

13 Replies 13
Respected Contributor

We simply assign the Inactive role that changes the rank to Inactive as well.

Curious @karolinalinda - how do you do this? How does Inactive get set?

Respected Contributor

@mdfw, we don't have any big philosophy behind the settings. We have a role called "Inactive" and a rank called "Inactive". When we know that an employee is leaving the company, we are manually changing the role to "Inactive" and the rank is then set accordingly:

Screenshot_44.pngScreenshot_43.pngScreenshot_45.png

Thanks @karolinalinda - I was hoping you had an automated process. We're an external community so was thinking along those lines. Gave me something to think about though. Thanks!

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.